Beware of Silva Fox lobster boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AWESOME!!!! Does your unicorn have a rainbow coming out of it when it flies around too? Sometimes if I get lucky it plops out fresh hamburgers. Those are great days :D

aqajymyq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You reply makes me believe you think I am arguing with you or trying to invalidate your comments. I'm not, just providing another data point (hence my start with FWIW).

I know I was thinking the same thing but I didn't mean it that way. Only trying to point out the difference in perspective. Pardon me.

Truth of the matter is that his traps probably are being raided. This is his livelihood and he is justifiabliy angry. That doesn't mean he should resort to violence or drop hand grenades on divers, much like a limpet mine, it to would solve his problem. If the local divers would help identify the thief it would go a long way to making peace. My 2 cents.

What makes you believe that his traps are being raided by divers? I've never met a diver that has raided traps. Just because a a dive flag is/was near his traps does not mean they're being raided. Perhaps he should pick a better lobster spot or find a more profitable industry..

I'm not saying they don't exist but that's the same as saying commercial lobstermen don't raid other lobstermen's traps..

Divers constitute a very small fracture of lobstering in Massachusetts.

Is Silva a common name for lobster fisherman out there? I had a soldier in the army who was a lobster fisherman from Maine. He would have gone back there after retirement. His first name started with an M but was not Manual. I just find this interesting. My soldier was just the nicest person, one of my favorite soldiers when I was in the Army.
He got me started on Tom Clancy books. Great guy and I believe his family had lobster pots and he helped in the summer while on leave from the Army.

Last edited:
Is Silva a common name for lobster fisherman out there? I had a soldier in the army who was a lobster fisherman from Maine. He would have gone back there after retirement. His first name started with an M but was not Manual. I just find this interesting. My soldier was just the nicest person, one of my favorite soldiers when I was in the Army.
He got me started on Tom Clancy books. Great guy and I believe his family had lobster pots and he helped in the summer while on leave from the Army.

Silva, Silvia are common names in parts of MA and RI. They are Portuguese names and Portugal has a rich fishing history its in our blood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom