Beware of BlueSkyMagazines selling Scuba Diving magazine subscriptions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wanted you to beware of Blue Sky Magazines selling Scuba Diving magazine subscriptions. They are taking peoples money, not delivering, and not answering emails.

First off, let me say that this is not an issue with Scuba Diving Magazine itself, but Blue Sky Magazines. I don't think the folks at SD Mag have done anything wrong here. (They are however allowing their magazine subscription to be sold by the 'offender' so I will list them by name).

Blue Sky Magazines is a EBAY magazine vendor. You can buy 2 years of SD Mag for $9.99
http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Sky-Magazines (he currently doesn't have any listed).

I've bought several magazines subscriptions from him in the past without problem. I've paid and gotten the magazine. however this time I haven't gotten my magazine when renewed 5 months earlier and the vendor, BlueSkyMagazines, won't refund my money or won't respond to emails for almost two weeks.

I've contacted Scuba Diving Magazine and they said there is nothing they can do about it since they haven't received payment from the vendor. I can't blame them for that.

Here is his 'catch' on delivery and how he gets away with it:
He says it will take 8 to 12 weeks to receive your magazine. I paid him in September for a subscription ending the end of the year so I wouldn't miss any issues. Ebay will only let you file a complaint for an item not received up to 60 days after the sale. Since he can't start the subscription until 8 weeks or more later, you have no recourse with EBAY. You also can't leave negative feedback about him that long after the sale.

His sale states he has a 110% money back guarentee. But you can't get that if he won't respond.

I just wanted to warn everyone about it.

Hopefully Scuba Diving Magazine will do something about it also so others don't get ripped off as their name is being used in the rip-off.

-Mike

I have orderd the same magazine from bluesky in the past without problems, now I resubscribe directly. Good heads up though.

I know what you mean David, I've bought from him in the past w/o problems.

I could understand if he made a mistake, or somebody did, but to "take my money and run" and not reply to any of the EBAY PM's or direct Emails is just not acceptable.

I felt by sending him 5 or 6 emails over a two week period before I made this post was plenty of time for him to respond and make an effort to "make it right".

Now there is a "loss of trust" for me to spend money with him again.

A little more information here for folks....

Here is the person who runs their operation and took the PAYPAL payment and won't return the emails.

I'm posting this to make folks aware so they won't sent PAYPAL to him for Dive Magazines.

Payment To: Jeff Hodges
Seller's ID: blueskymagazines
Seller's Email: bluesky@snowhill.com

Scubaboard is welcome to ask the above person to join this discussion, but he's already failed to reply to any email I've sent him.

mike_s:
Hello all,

I've contacted Scuba Diving Magazine and they said there is nothing they can do about it since they haven't received payment from the vendor. I can't blame them for that.

-Mike

Is he an authorized seller for Scuba Diving Magazine?
If he is then you should hold their feet to the fire and insist on your subscription or money back. They can take action against the seller to recoup. He is, after all using their name to get your money.

If you paid by PayPal, file a claim with PayPal.
The ONE way that usually gets paypal involvved is when a seller takes money and doesn't deliver anything.

I'm not sure if he's an authorized seller of Scuba Diving magazine or not. I posted the same thing on the Scuba Diving forum and got two messages from their staff saying they were investigating the issue. So that's good to hear from them. (this is after my initial contact with their subscription department).

I filed a claim with PAYPAL last week. How long do their claims typically take as I haven't heard anything back yet.

If I don't get my $9.99 back it's not going to break me. I just don't want this guy lining his pockets with everyone elses money also, so hopefully my post here will keep others from getting ripped off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom