Beware: Dr. Bill May be Diving Dry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh , I understand ... first thing Dr Bill does when he gets a drysuit is fill it with water so it feels "normal" :laughing:

:wink:
:rofl3:

If you have a latex neckseal and the hole is small enough, you might be able to patch it with a bike tire patch kit.

Ahh , I understand ... first thing Dr Bill does when he gets a drysuit is fill it with water so it feels "normal" :laughing:

:wink:

Yep, D_B, it did make me feel right at home. Why with the body heat I generate, the warmer actually warmed up to a toasty 60+ degrees! My ex girlfriends used to say I was like a furnace at night... even while I was sleeping!

Dr Bill... don't feel bad about not listening to Pete... very few of us do :rofl3:

I know it was at your expense but thank you for the good laugh :) If you would have had to go back to the park this would need to be posted in the "Close Calls" thread in my sig. :D

Ah, I know it well... and a host of other objects in the park that could be used to anchor me down if needed!

Howard... if Pete needs to borrow a wetsuit, I'll loan him the M&B that I wore the last time you were out!

Tracy, I'll try to get pictures but I'm not bringing my camera today. Decided not to try multitasking!

I'm still sitting here drinking my coffee since I only plan on doing one dive today. At least I hope I successfully complete the one!

Oh, here's a picture of me with the drysuit on in my living room... yep, I may just like this diving dry thing after all!

Dr%20Bill%20in%20drysuit%204045sm.jpg

Dr. Bill, I just got that same exact ND suit!! James and I ventured to the breakwater in Monterey this past weekend to try it out. I was completely dry but could never vent all the air out because the boots were too big! I would be just swimming along and all of the sudden, my feet would just take off for the surface. :shakehead: It was a humiliating experience. We're planning on coming back to Catalina in February, so you and I can be twinkies!! :rofl3: Hopefully I will have my feet under control by then!! :wink:

You may be right Kev. The neck seal seemed to fit pretty well, but then again... how many dry suit neck seals have I experienced in the past?

Look forward to seeing the two of you, Jennifer!

Well, I finally got around to washing the inside of the dry suit out with fresh water since it had flooded with salt. I used the washing as a means to test for obvious leaks in the lower part of the suit. While there had to be a leak somewhere above the waist, I discovered there was a "more than tiny" hole in the back of the ankle on one of the legs. I'm guessing this could help explain the flooding, although my first signs of water were in the upper torso. Will get this hole patched and the suit leak tested, then...

Well Bill, Put plastic jugs in wrist and neck seals fill with air, Spray with soapy water or submerge in tub. You probably know. I thought you would have a few dives before this would happen thats why I suggested to do it intentionaly, either way it's a warm wet.

Well Bill, Put plastic jugs in wrist and neck seals fill with air, Spray with soapy water or submerge in tub. You probably know. I thought you would have a few dives before this would happen thats why I suggested to do it intentionaly, either way it's a warm wet.

Precisely the kind of leak test we will do at Scuba Luv... after I patch the hole in the leg! However, do not expect another test of the dry suit until next year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom