Beuchat regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

Does anyone use these or know anything about the brand? I have not seen Beuchat much in the US and was wondering why that is the case?

VX 10 ICEBERG BLACK - Beuchat

Well, maybe I can give the beginning of an answer :

- Beuchat is, to the best of my knowledge, the last family business in France designing and selling diving equipment. Nothing like world monsters like Aqualung or Scubapro and others, so competing on the US market is probably not their main goal, nor within their reach,

- the brand is quite popular in France, I met several divers over the years diving those regulators ans they seemed satisfied with them,

Over the years, I owned several Beuchat wetsuits, still have an Uwatec, rebranded Beuchat, electronic depth gauge, and even owned as my first computer a Cochran Master, again rebranded Beuchat. The experience with the customer service, regarding this computer, was despicable.

beuchat makes a few models of decent gear, but overall they suck at marketing and barely have a dealer network. like poseidon in some ways, but with less unique engineering and design. the old dive rite hurricane was a rebranded vx200. and they also came up with the jetfin originally. would not be surprised to see them get absorbed into another larger brand, aqualung is the natural candidate.

They sure could make spearguns, I’d like to try one of their regs.
A5F482E3-8688-42A9-BAB3-A16F24DE7623.jpeg

Hi
Yes they are one of the really rare companies which still make their regulators in house from A to Z.
Their reg are well made, reliable and easy to service.
Everything else is made in Asia but I like the design of their wet-dry suits... the French touch :) :)
They are also quite well known amongst freedivers-hunters with good equipment but this is not really my cup of tea.

It´s an old French company, started business in 1934-

As a curiosity, Scubapro was founded in the United States in 1963 by Gustav Dalla Valle, the Beuchat representative in United States, and Dick Bonin to manufacture scuba gear. The S on Scubapro regulators comes from the name of the name "Souplair" of a Beuchat regulator.

The original Jet Fins were developed by Beuchat.

The VX10 regulator is a good one, compensated membrane 1st stage designed for usage on cold water. I have friends that use that model and are happy about it. My personal advice is that if you are US based, you purchase maintenance kits with some time in advance.

Very simple: if you don't live in France, just don't do it tbh.

It's just annoying to get parts and almost no dealers.
The regs are good, their other gear is also good from what I know.
Just realise if you're going that route, you will have no dealers and no reliable service points.

It's basically as if I would buy a Buick to use in Belgium:

Sure there will be some people who can repair it, sure there will be people who can get parts.
But there's no real dealership network and you will have to rely on the few people who actually provide the service and it will be more expensive than necessary.

Back
Top Bottom