Better Time Zero gravity or Inner space

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newt:
When and where are these events going to be? As a physican I would like to see what problems the RB divers are having and how they can possibly be made safer. I would like to bring my anesthesia equiptment (monitors) and see if I can detect any problems with the circuits on very long or very deep dives.
It just seems to me if you are going to breathe the same gas for 3-6 hours, that your body may be polluting it with something that may effect your diving (besides CO2) Anyway, what do you guys think?

While a lot of air-quality testing has been done by various agencies and testing facilities, I always feel: "Hey, the more, the merrier!" Why not?

Contact Sunset House and DiveTech on Grand Cayman for the schedule for next year for Zero-G and Innerspace. See you there!

Hi again Newt,

that's an intresting thought about loop contamination coming from the diver. Never even thought about that, aside from the obvious CO2.

This is ZeroG's official webpage:
http://sunsethouse.com/zerogravity/

For more information Inner Space 2005, contact:
divetech@candw.ky

There is another trip that might work, the annual Nautilus Tech Trip out of British Columbia, which is organized by Dave Hancock. Though not necessarily RB exclusive, most all of the attendees use them. Due to the temps dive times might be shorter than the ones in the Carribean, though.
I can probably find a contact if you need it.

Stefan

BigJetDriver69:
While a lot of air-quality testing has been done by various agencies and testing facilities ...
Yeah, but it would be nice to actually see some results.
Besides, I wonder if the testing was done after actual dives, or just on the units.

Hihi, Newt, don't be suprised if the majority of people don't want to learn about their loop content. :wink:

newt:
When and where are these events going to be? As a physican I would like to see what problems the RB divers are having and how they can possibly be made safer. I would like to bring my anesthesia equiptment (monitors) and see if I can detect any problems with the circuits on very long or very deep dives.
It just seems to me if you are going to breathe the same gas for 3-6 hours, that your body may be polluting it with something that may effect your diving (besides CO2) Anyway, what do you guys think?
You really aren't breathing the same gas that long.. Most experienced divers do loop flushes.
I personally flush every 15 to 20 minutes (reasonable depths)with my diluent (unless I am very deep)at depth and when diving it as an oxygen rebreather even more frequently.
Many of the Sunset staff and other divers I met flush their loops with AIR after getting shallower on a Trimix diver, personally I ride He all the way to my 20ft stop.
When you are decoing especially at the 20fsw and 10 fsw stops frequent loop flushes are needed to keep the loop as "pure" as possible since during deco you are off gassing He (when using trimix/heliox) and N2 back into the loop. If your oxygen isnt 100% you are adding a contaminate on every injection and a loop flush is needed to bring the loop back to the expected composition. The most common contaminate for oxygen is Argon and has the greatest effect on shallow and mid depth dives. Its not as big a percentage of the loop on deep dives but will raise the END higher than expected.

Newt,

I haven't seen any dates for zero gravity since it just ended but Inner space is the week of May 21st-28th and they have at least one deep wreck dive planned. I won't be going to new to dive so deep

Tim

DrMike:
Did Kevin hint at a release date for his new RB?
He is working on CE certification.. He said he is about 80% completed..

Hello everybody
Inner Space next year will be open to any rebreathers. Pricing and more info should be up at Divetechs website soon.
www.Divetech.com
Megalodon

I was hoping to attend next year's ZeroG event. I'm a Prism diver (still diving within recreational limits) and was hoping to have fun, dive with other fellow RB divers, drink beer and share lies at the end of the dive day. It doesn't matter to me as to who is diving on what rig.I was looking forward to diving with people on other RB models. From what I gather on this thread, Prism divers really aren't welcome??? Were the attendees of the event or employees at the Sunset House (or both?) being critical of the unit. The reason I am asking this question is because I can only afford to take a big vacation ever so often and I don't want to go someplace where I would not be welcome.... Thanks ahead of time for everyone's input.

urs15:
I was hoping to attend next year's ZeroG event. I'm a Prism diver (still diving within recreational limits) and was hoping to have fun, dive with other fellow RB divers, drink beer and share lies at the end of the dive day. It doesn't matter to me as to who is diving on what rig.I was looking forward to diving with people on other RB models. From what I gather on this thread, Prism divers really aren't welcome??? Were the attendees of the event or employees at the Sunset House (or both?) being critical of the unit. The reason I am asking this question is because I can only afford to take a big vacation ever so often and I don't want to go someplace where I would not be welcome.... Thanks ahead of time for everyone's input.

No the staff is very open and eager to try other units as are most divers. The negative comments came from guests not the staff.

Many divers have never even seen a prism, exposure is a great thing.. I know I have only ever seen one diver on a prism (and also tried the unit myself)..

away from zero G I have dived with people on inspirations, cis, kisses and a bunch of other assorted rbs. I dont know if most prism divers only associate within their small groups or what but there is definately a lack of exposure.

There are less CIS lunars out there than the prisms and I have seen a greater presence with them...

I think more of the negatism is about Peter and the lack of timely delievery and not the Prism itself, at least this is the feeling I get from others. I don't know peter well enough to comment other than seeing he has strong opinions on how he thinks things should be and there is nothing wrong with that..
I have never heard anything negative about Shas and my dealings with her have been positive.

I personally wouldn't buy a Prism not because I think anything is wrong with it, just that it doesn't agree with MY PERSONAL Rb philosophy on several points (some of which are being addressed in future upgrades).

AT Zero G your certification and personal limits are the only things that should hold you back..

Back
Top Bottom