Better Time Zero gravity or Inner space

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tnt2020

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking at planing my second year as a diver and was hoping to be diving as a Rebreather diver soon. So where to go next year and when. Well I have decided the Caymans have a nice blend of diving and Rebreather friendly resorts. I was looking for an opions on the Rebreather weeks Cobalt Coast and Divetech have vs. Sunset House. Does anyone have an Opion on which is better.

Tim

tnt2020:
...Rebreather weeks Cobalt Coast and Divetech have vs. Sunset House. ...
Haven't been to either one, but from what I gathered in Advanced Diver Magazine's coverage of both events, as well as an article in IANTD's Nitrox Diver, Innerspace is an Ambient Pressure/Silent Diving affair (Inspiration and Evo) while ZeroG is open to all CCRs.

You might want to check with some of the people who attended, like Curt Bowen (ADM) and padiscubapro. There is a lot of deep diving at ZeroG, so you want to make sure they offer CCR rec profiles, too.

tnt2020:
I am looking at planing my second year as a diver and was hoping to be diving as a Rebreather diver soon. So where to go next year and when. Well I have decided the Caymans have a nice blend of diving and Rebreather friendly resorts. I was looking for an opions on the Rebreather weeks Cobalt Coast and Divetech have vs. Sunset House. Does anyone have an Opion on which is better.

Tim
Zero Gravity is an awesome event. Most attendees have been to more than one gathering.

Zero Gravity tends to have very experienced divers with diverse experiences, The hanging out after the dives is as much fun as the diving itself. Its also a place where you can get to try many rebreathers.. The event is friendly to all Rbs (although several people didn't have anything good to say about 1 certain RB -- sorry Caveseeker -- maybe you can show up next year and try and change thier minds)

Your dives are limited to your certification depth with the general limts for all set at 300fsw and 3 hours run time (this may be broken with permission from staff). Sunset DIvers has several boats the two that were used by Zero G are fast and confortable boats, we did all sides of the island, including the east end, I dont think DT runs to the east at all(someone correct me if I am wrong)..

On the walls we sometimes have a string of divers from 100fsw all the way down to the limits.. This year we had several divers staying for the most part within recreational depths.

This years event had several megs (standard electronics, HammerHead electronics, Shearwater), Inpspirations (stock and Hammerhead), CIS lunars, KISS (Sport and Standard), Ourborous

padiscubapro:
The event is friendly to all Rbs (although several people didn't have anything good to say about 1 certain RB -- sorry Caveseeker -- maybe you can show up next year and try and change thier minds)
From past experience (not during ZeroG) Sunset House has a less than friendly reputation among some Prism divers ... don't know if that's because of the divers or their gear. So forking over hard earned cash to be unwelcome doesn't sound very appealing.

Nothing new that SMI and/or the Prism gets bashed, though usually by people that have no time on the rig and feel they have an axe to grind with the company, at least in my experience. Add to that several divers who wanted one and couldn't get it (in time) a few years back and the mud is flying.

I doubt I have the funds for ZeroG next year, but that aside, you only have a chance with open minds. And it seems in the Wonderfull World of CCRs, the diver's minds frequently go with the circuits of their rigs. :wink:

Folks,

I have been to Innerspace, and enjoyed it immensely! (I missed Zero-G this year despite my best intentions. I had to use my time off to take care of my ailing Mother's affairs, and my company could not see their way clear to give me any more time off.)

To Curt, Tom, Kevin, and all of the others I know, I sure wish I had been able to be there. I know it was fun!

Innerspace is an Inspiration diver event. It is a great deal if you dive one. The water is absolutely fantastic. Nancy Easterbrook, and the folks at Dive-Tech run a superb operation. Hanging out at Ari's Cobalt Coast Resort is a treat in itself!! The rooms are great, and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Dori, who is one of the managers there, is just a real sweetie!

I cannot say enough about it except this: "If you dive a Turtle, go to Innerspace, you WILL love it!!"

Cheers!

caveseeker7:
From past experience (not during ZeroG) Sunset House has a less than friendly reputation among some Prism divers ... don't know if that's because of the divers or their gear. So forking over hard earned cash to be unwelcome doesn't sound very appealing.

Nothing new that SMI and/or the Prism gets bashed, though usually by people that have no time on the rig and feel they have an axe to grind with the company, at least in my experience. Add to that several divers who wanted one and couldn't get it (in time) a few years back and the mud is flying.

I doubt I have the funds for ZeroG next year, but that aside, you only have a chance with open minds. And it seems in the Wonderfull World of CCRs, the diver's minds frequently go with the circuits of their rigs. :wink:

Other tha Zero-G unless you are doing shore dives or pay for a tech charter, tech diving is out. You can also Only dive to your certification level.. I am not famaliar with the classes offered on the Prism so I don't know what their cards say..
If its just says prism diver or something equivalent unless you have a card saying you can do deco ON A CCR, you woun't be allowed to do tech diving..

I would say most people go to Zero-G with an Open mind.. Leon has sold a bunch of Megs because of Zero G, and Kevin may even get an ourborous sale out of it.

If things work correctly people like it, if they see people fiddling with their units all the time well the reviews will reflect it. from what I gathered at least one of the people ragging on the unit has had some experience with it.

Zero_G isn't as expensive as it looks.. Dee goes out of her way to find roomates for those that want to split a room, the week ends up around 1k if you get a roomate, plus food and consumables..

1 dinner and breakfast (everyday) is included, This year two of the "invited guests" sponsored all the gas that was used during the week..

My tab for a week of diving (mainly sorb fills) and my meals (2 meals were off premises) was under $500 (and this included $10CI per day for wireless internet access)

But sometimes the Prism divers themselves are their worst enemies take the post on the RB list the other day claiming the secondary cant be flooded because its potted.. then the comback congratulations you managed to "pot" a guage with a needle.. Think about the guys original statement and how stupid it was...

If it was truely flood proof by potting it would always read the same :wink:

padiscubapro:
Other tha Zero-G unless you are doing shore dives or pay for a tech charter, tech diving is out.
Define tech diving. Does that include CCR (with appropriate c-card) or extended range (depth and time/deco).

By the way, which c-cards did the Nemesis and Ouroboros divers present?

I would say most people go to Zero-G with an Open mind..
It's a start ... you think their minds (and ears) will stay open if they actually lay their eyes on a Prism? :11:

If things work correctly people like it, if they see people fiddling with their units all the time well the reviews will reflect it.
Like drying up their dripping sensors? :wink:

... from what I gathered at least one of the people ragging on the unit has had some experience with it.
Wow !!!
One ... how many "didn't have anything good to say"?

Zero_G isn't as expensive as it looks..
I'll keep that in mind.

If it was truely flood proof by potting it would always read the same :wink:
Maybe that's why the Prism holds the setpoint so well. :D
Miss the potted needle, Joe? You can always paint the pO2 readout on your handset and it will be spot-on throughout the dive ...

Please tell me that the wink is ment as sarcastic as the one I placed behind the sensors.
That line was mortifyingly stupid the first time around.
You know better and so should Bruce.

caveseeker7:
Define tech diving. Does that include CCR (with appropriate c-card) or extended range (depth and time/deco).

By the way, which c-cards did the Nemesis and Ouroboros divers present?

It's a start ... you think their minds (and ears) will stay open if they actually lay their eyes on a Prism? :11:

Like drying up their dripping sensors? :wink:

Wow !!!
One ... how many "didn't have anything good to say"?

I'll keep that in mind.

Maybe that's why the Prism holds the setpoint so well. :D
Miss the potted needle, Joe? You can always paint the pO2 readout on your handset and it will be spot-on throughout the dive ...

Please tell me that the wink is ment as sarcastic as the one I placed behind the sensors.
That line was mortifyingly stupid the first time around.
You know better and so should Bruce.

No depths beyond the normal profiles and deco..

Mauricio was limited to 50m or less (usually less), Kevin due to his experience and HE is the designer (unlike mauricio who is just a rep) was allowed to to what he wanted, but he stayed around the 60m range anyway..

I was being sarcastic, The original poster should have watched his claims and Bruce was being a bit hard on him, but It was a valid comment..... I was waiting for someone to respond (I wasn't going to) but I still laughed...

With The HH Wet sensors aren't an issue... on LONG ispiration dives there is sometimes a few droplets on the cells but its usually just a very very very wet Lid...

With regards to the How many people...
I wasn't paying that close attention, I really couldn't care one way or the other.. I think most of it is the dislike many seem to harbor for Peter..
The ourborous seems to be very fault tolerant.. his secondary is very robust and should last forever between battery changes (I'm betting a year or more) and is highly isolated, and shows all 3 sensors at the same time..

So the correct answer is due both if you can. I will sign up for inner space today (since it is first and I can't wait to dive the caymans again). Then if I can save enough money I'll try zero gravity in the fall. BJD I can't agree more how nice Arie and Dori are I enjoyed meeting them in July and Dove with Dori on her Day off. I understand she will be an Inspiration diver by the next Inner space she got tired of waiting for her evolution to come in and switched her order to an Inspiration unit. Thanks to everyone for your input hope to meet some of you over the next year.

Tim

When and where are these events going to be? As a physican I would like to see what problems the RB divers are having and how they can possibly be made safer. I would like to bring my anesthesia equiptment (monitors) and see if I can detect any problems with the circuits on very long or very deep dives.
It just seems to me if you are going to breathe the same gas for 3-6 hours, that your body may be polluting it with something that may effect your diving (besides CO2) Anyway, what do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom