Best Way to Phuket from NY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Singapore Air must be the best airline ever and you'd want to fly Singapore as much as you could. I just flew Thai this month and was very comfortable as well - seems they are looking to really compete against Singapore Air in my opinion. :wink:

For me - I picked Thai Airways due to over all travel time - I just needed the shortest possible way

For me, it's the beautiful Chinese Flight Attendants speaking proper English with a sexy British accent (Singapore Girl -what a great way to Fly!:D ). . .

DirtyDeeds:
Vladimir
Why Singapore Air vs Thai Air?
Singapore Air has "Executive Economy" class, I think they call it. If you are not flying business or first class (both of which are pretty steep on SingAir) this will give you quasi-business class comfort. You'll appreciate the wider seat and extra legroom about 10 hours into the flight. EVA Air has (had?) a similar service called "Evergreen Class", but I don't think it's a direct flight--worth checking though. Although I've made dozens of round-trips to Singapore, I haven't made many lately, and I've been flying Singapore Air exclusively.

A little off-topic, but Phuket wouldn't be my first choice destination if I were flying all that way.

I need the shortest travel time as well and glad to hear Thai Air is comfortable. I am looking to dive on a livaboard for 4-5 days and then stay in Phuket for a week. I am not only looking to dive but party as well. If I was just looking to dive I would go somewhere else.

I second Vladimir's suggestion.
If you're willing to pay a little more (~$1800 round trip) the fastest way may be to fly direct to Singapore on Singapore Airlines (18 hour versus 25+ hours on other airlines with 2 stop-overs), and connnecting on a short flight to Phuket on any of the regional airlines. After doing this trip the long way earlier this year, I am willing to pay $200-300 more for a much shorter flight. The cheapest tickets are through travel agents who know (Expedia, Orbitz are selling them for over $2500). PM me if you need a travel agent recommendation.

Thai Airline is faster and $500 more cheaper than Singapore Air. $1200 vs $1700. If Thai Airline is booked than I will go with Singapore Air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom