Best way to get rid of old boat gas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my best Beavis voice....Fire hu hu hu, Fire!

Use it to get rid of your yard waste, and kill two birds with one stone.

BrianS:
Walk around all your neighbor's houses and offer to fill up their lawn mowers.

that's a good idea also. I did that several years ago with "last years gas" off my 4 cycle motor (since it had no oil added). they were happy to get 5 gallons of free lawn mower gas.

(On that boat, if you didn't have fresh gas in it every year, its motor just wasn't happy. but the lawn mowers didn't seem to mind/care).

CD_in_Chitown:
Burn it off or pour it on a gravel road are fairly eco-friendly. Finding a disposal point is most-righteous, and pouring it along a fenceline kills weeds good!
Pouring in on the road or on the ground are not eco-friendly. Please don't. If it just went into the ground and disappeared harmlessly no one would worry about gas station tank leaks or gas spills.

Pour through a coffee filter to remove any crap, then just pour in in your car and top off with fresh gas. It's best for the environment, and your wallet! Have done it myself several times and the car still runs fine. Wife never noticed the difference!:D What, you thought I'd try on my truck first?:eyebrow:

I don't give mine to neighbors so I don't get blamed for lawn mower carbs if they gum up. Go to Walmart and buy a cheap gas can. This will not cost any more than a "disposal fee" that you will pay at a gas station. I then stop at any construction site where I see old trucks, paint vans etc and give the workers a five gallon can of gas. I will tell them that it has been sitting around for a while. There isn't one old paint van running around that won't take it and thank you for it. I tell them if they ever see my truck on the side of the road, they better stop and see if I need help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom