Best way to dryout the inside of drysuit boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FurtekJR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Everyone,

Aside from not getting them wet in the first place, does anyone know the best way to dry out the insides of drysuit boots? I dive a DiveRite 905 (which I love) and every dive or so I like to wash out the inside of the suit. I usually leave the suit hanging up for a few days after that and then put it away. Unfortunatly, the boots never seem to get 100% dry.

Thanks.

I have a Peets boot drier with the extensions, no worry of it getting too warm. Just put the legs over the ext. , suspend suit so the weight isnt resting on the drier and there you have it

Are your boots lined with neoprene on the inside? I'm assuming they are because if they werent, the rubber would dry quick. You can always fold your suit down to the boots so they air gets to them better by turning inside out to the boots....depends on the suit with how easy it is though. Or like already recommended, get a boot dryer

Low tech: After washing hang upside down to drain for a few minutes. Then wad up 3-4 pieces of newspaper and put them in each boot for about 15 minutes. Then again for an hour +/-. Then a third time for an hour or three. That gets most of the moisture. Roll the suit down to expose the inside of the boots as much as possible to air. Total drying time varies by newspaper absorbancy and air relative humidity.

Are your boots lined with neoprene on the inside? I'm assuming they are because if they werent, the rubber would dry quick. You can always fold your suit down to the boots so they air gets to them better by turning inside out to the boots....depends on the suit with how easy it is though. Or like already recommended, get a boot dryer

Folding the suit down to the boot is a good suggestion. A fan blowing on the openings should dry them completely within a day. Might take a second day if the ambient humidity is extremely high.

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom