best way to cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docstodd

Registered
Reaction score
got back from cozumel in feb. I was only there one day with only 2 dives. I have to find a way back. what is the cheepest best way to go. thanks for the help with the dive fix I need

doc

Flying to Cancun (CUN), taking a taxi or bus to Playa del Carmen, then the ferry across can sometimes offer significant savings over flying into Cozumel (CZM) directly.

I haven't looked into flying into CUN, then connecting to CZM via puddlejumper. If you don't mind those small planes, check it out.

the trip from Cancun to Cozumel was a pain in the butt. If you can fly into Cozumel, do it. To me, it is worth the extra $$. Quite a few people told me the trip would be easy, but I personally recommend against it (unless you have no other option). I think it wouldn't be as bad for me, now that I've done it and know what to expect, but it sure would have been nice to fly into Coz.
If you have to do it though, it is do-able. The day I travelled over it was in a terrible storm. The ferry ride caused many people to get sick (all over the boat), and if you take the bus, they will try and wait to fill the bus up (even though they'll tell you it will only be a few minutes). We waited in that bus for almost 45 minutes while they waited to make a few bucks, which I do understand but found it frustrating as it was getting very late.
All in all, it is better than not going to Coz at all though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom