Question Best way to add readers to a mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it’s trident, but I’ve also used those designed for sunglasses. The latter are a bit smaller in area. I’ve used the tube of silicone caulk from the hardware store for bathrooms and just put a dot on each corner edge with a toothpick and then pulled it along the edge. My latest is putting them on a premade prescription insert to make my own bifocals.
Thanks

I tried many masks and this ScubaPro fit me best in the shop. It passes the “hold vacuum on your face test” with nothing in my mouth. It is dry snorkeling, but with a regulator in and my head in some positions I can get some ingress. I just got an Atomic reg, which may fix the problem due to light weight 2nd stage and it’s mouthpiece. I plan a couple check out dives in the coming weeks to see how everything works together now.

Not a huge deal, but enough to give pause before spending another $150 on customizing the lens. Thanks.
I use the Trident bifocal. If one doesn’t wear glasses, one only needs the bifocal in the lens on the side their gauges are on. Not many know this. Regardless with these I use clear optic glue. $2-3 for a couple ounce bottle on line. Apply to clean dry lens with overnight cure. Hot water removes. Cold water doesn’t affect.

I use the Trident bifocal. If one doesn’t wear glasses, one only needs the bifocal in the lens on the side their gauges are on. Not many know this. Regardless with these I use clear optic glue. $2-3 for a couple ounce bottle on line. Apply to clean dry lens with overnight cure. Hot water removes. Cold water doesn’t affect.
Which glue?

SeaVision USA | Prescription Dive Masks can fit new lenses ground with readers (or full bifocal prescription) into many two lens masks. No glue in lenses, they replace the full pieces of glass. You send them your favourite two lens mask and they'll fit them in.

Full disclosure I'm an ambassador for the company.

Which glue?
Trident Aqua-Optics Lens Glue (1/8 oz.)
$2.95 from House of Scuba, San Diego.
eBay item #223121176142
After 30+ yrs of paying the big bucks to the lens labs and “experimenting” this is the best, easiest & cheapest. Best of luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom