Best video editing software for windows?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaVinci Resolve[...]needs some pretty hefty computer power .
No, It does not. It of course depends on how many effects etc you apply to the clip, but doe snot need more power than others.

You can edit 4K videos on old computer without any issues. Consult manual / youtube for details.

Honestly, I am yet to see non-professional video enthusiasts with requirements beyond what Free version of DaVinci resolve offers. Especially among divers that need color correction / grading / matching which DaVinci offers in state of the art level.

DaVinci Resolve seems to be the popular choice!

One more to consider, is "Shotcut" Shotcut - Home
Its free, open source and a little easier to navigate but just as powerful. One thing it doesn't do easily is Titles & credits sequences, but I found good ol' Windows MovieMaker best at that and easy to take over to Shotcut.
The one thing that got me using it was the huge amount of tutorials I found online that helped me to get going with it.

If you are using a Mac, then iMovie is free and very simple to use. It doesn’t have the power of some of the others, but it’s a pretty easy interface.

Mike

https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/ConfigGuides/DaVinci_Resolve_15_Mac_Configuration_Guide.pdf
System requirements
‚ Modern computer platform with at least a Quad core CPU and a powerful GPU

Did you bother to click on the video I posted? Like in diving, there is a big difference in what is on the paper and what is the real-life experience in what we've discussing here.

The final rendering will of course take longer. But thanks to proxy files and other tools, you can edit 4K on old computer efectively

Did you bother to click on the video I posted? Like in diving, there is a big difference in what is on the paper and what is the real-life experience in what we've discussing here.

The final rendering will of course take longer. But thanks to proxy files and other tools, you can edit 4K on old computer efectively

Why should I when I was on Black Magic's site? And I've tried to install it before and it wouldn't continue installation because it couldn't detect an acceptable GPU. Do you have a video showing how to install it on an older computer?

Might need to find an older version Ito install, if available.

I was able to install DaVinci Resolve on a newer computer 2 steps below what is recommended. Ran ok until saving my first project and then crashed. This is the newest version. It seems that the newest version may be sensitive to CPU and GPU.

I did just receive additional memory equivalent to the minimum recommended to see if it will run like that. I am hesitant to upgrade the CPU as I got such a good deal on the PC that the CPU will cost what I paid for the entire PC but may have to.

Davinci Resolve 16 crashes on my Surface Pro 4. See attached System info.txt file for configuration details.

Attachments

• System info.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 172
Best? Avid Media Composer

Hello. If, you research open source video editing software. You'll find a myriad of choices....like diving, use the one your most comfortable with.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom