Best Tips On Trimming Latex Seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can also slip the seal around a plastic bottle and use a razorblade to trim the seal. Only take off small amounts at a time and check for fit before removing more. Remember, you can't make it smaller after you cut some off! :wink:

jlyle:
You can also slip the seal around a plastic bottle and use a razorblade to trim the seal. Only take off small amounts at a time and check for fit before removing more. Remember, you can't make it smaller after you cut some off! :wink:

I find this to be the most accurate way on the cuffs as well...

Take your time and be patient. Trim a bit and try it out for a week. My buddy trimmed his and it felt nice and snug only to see it loosen and stretch evenmore on the coming dives and now its too loose.

I use a small pair of scissors that barbers use. They are very sharp and easy to manage. I trim about 1/16th at a time and I am very careful not to have any jagged edges. Try to cut in one smooth cut all the way around. Just take your time and make small adjustments. Same technique with neck and wrist seals.

Don't believe the part of the DUI instructions that translate size of your wrist or neck to the ring at which to cut. Doing so results in a seal that is way too loose. Cut it back as little as you can stand, then dive with it a couple of times. Keep it relatively shallow and short so you don't end up with a decompression problem in your hands. The seals will loosen up a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom