Best time to dive Komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many dive live aboard in Indonesia (more than 60) , most of them are diving Komodo and Raja Ampat. As a travel agent we have to make a choice, we cannot offer them all. So we made a list and we recommend the ones we believe are the best, and will satisfy all the clients desires and expectations . Doesn’t mean that all the boats that are not on the list are not good, not at all. There are also smaller boats (for 4 to 8 divers), they know the area, they do a good job , price is related to what they have to offer in terms of accommodation ( often only bunk bed in a common space or very small cabin without toilet).

Our criterias are safety, the seriousness of their organization, the offer they propose (quality/ price ) , the way they deal with local community and the local authority ( you don’t want to get stuck 2 days at the harbor waiting for the clearance) , the way to communicate with them in case of emergency ( meaning in case of problem with travel organization or whatever while you are on the way to them for example, we can reach them immediately , and talk directly to a capable person like the cruise director or the owner, not just a secretary asking who you are and put you on hold before saying after 10 min that she noted my request and she will call back ).

We wish everyone a very happy New Year with loads of fantastic dives! :)

Hi there

We did Komodo on Mermaid 2 in later October 2011 and it was absolutely fantastic. We were lucky enough to see 15 to 20 mantas really close at Tata Makasar , just my husband and I and our guide were with the with the mantas for much of that dive. I truly cannot imagine any dive experience very anywhere to ever ever ever better it ! Most of our boat also saw three Mantas at Shotgun.

It was currenty but more than doable !

....As a travel agent we have to make a choice, we cannot offer them all. So we made a list and we recommend the ones we believe are the best, ...

Ahhhh, okay. Those are the boats you represent. That's okay but the full disclosure helps. Thanks.

So, any thoughts on Moana in Last May/early June? :) We just booked, but it always nice to hear the most recent feedback.

Happy New Year all!

Bill

What months have the warmest water temps in Komodo?

What months have the warmest water temps in Komodo?

Late October gave us warm water in the North and only slightly cooler in the South ... nothing anywhere near cold. We had people on board diving 3 mil to 7 mil wetsuits. We were both good with 5 mil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom