Best threading path for Perdix bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
geoff w

geoff w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've loved diving with my Petrel 2 for many years, and since I'm thinking about starting on tech training my wife gave me a Perdix AI for Christmas. I'm used to the Petrel straps, but am looking at rigging my Perdix with bungee straps. I saw a couple of different options here, but nothing jumped out at me as the definitive best way to thread bungee through the holes on a Perdix. Any suggestions for a "best" way? I saw one picture showing an adjustable setup, is there anything better?

I wear mine on the back of my hand, not on the arm, so no issue with getting over drysuit rings. Easier to see and less variation in circumference when changing from wet to dry so less need to adjust bungees. Never was a fan of the included slippery tubing though.

I am using two independent bungee loops with double knots on them which allows for adjustments.

10C8C916-7334-4747-AC62-901C1FF3E7BF.jpeg

I like this, except for it being one piece of bungee. How to do this with two pieces, for redundancy?
I was thinking the same but doesn't that knot in the middle sort of make it two pieces? There's a LOT of bungee that has to inch back through the two holes on either side anyway before it goes anywhere, not just a snap and gone situation. I'm digging it :)

I have my Teric rigged exactly like the video in post #5: two separate bungee loops, each one is tied with a pair of fisherman's knots. I used to dive a DeepBlu Cosmiq (bulkier than a Teric but not quite as large as a Perdix), and did it exactly the same way.

I wear it on the back of my right hand. Wearing it the hand instead of the wrist is more convenient for me, and IMHO makes it easier to make good use of the compass features. It also means I don't need to adjust it very much for different gloves, and never need to fit it over my drysuit rings. The longer bungee loop goes around my wrist, shorter loop goes around my palm / 3 middle fingers.

If for whatever reason you like to walk around wearing your computer like a wristwatch, bungees are downright hideous for that purpose, and you will look like a dork with it on your hand. But for diving, it's great.

Attachments

• table.JPG
    table.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 58
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 49
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 48
Pics please?

Sure. Something like this, though it's currently with the original straps and a line cutter, so I guess somewhat outside the bungee topic. Sorry about that.

IMG_2008.jpeg

IMG_2009.jpeg

I'm expecting to now learn why I will surely die as a result of this unorthodox method. :wink:

I'm expecting to now learn why I will surely die as a result of this unorthodox method. :wink:
LoI I think you'll be ok dude, thanks for the pics.

One page back there's a guy doing the same but with bungee, I don't mind the idea but wonder how much it restricts the use of that hand? I'm definitely intrigued enough to try it.

Cheers

LoI I think you'll be ok dude, thanks for the pics.

One page back there's a guy doing the same but with bungee, I don't mind the idea but wonder how much it restricts the use of that hand? I'm definitely intrigued enough to try it.

Cheers
I don’t find it particularly restricting for the things I need a right hand for, like shooting an SMB etc. I guess if I had a big light on a goodman that I wanted to sometimes move to the right hand, this would be a no go. Being able to easier see the display makes it worth it for me.

I like this, except for it being one piece of bungee. How to do this with two pieces, for redundancy?
You could always tie stopper knots so the two wrist pieces only expand to a certain point. I don't think two pieces of bungee gives you more redundancy, since each side will be independently limited by how far it stretches

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom