Best Thing you have seen!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miss May, 2001

Chugwhump:
Is the Irish Wake a dive boat somewhere?

It's a private boat owned by frogman_5

Kellykins:
Why do people like to twist things..it's just a question =\! didnt mean to make it "not clear!"

Nothing was "twisted." I'm sorry you didn't clarify.

i'ya!

What is the best thing you have seen while diving?

You can only pick one thing...! Hard huh :p

xxx
Easy, actually. I saw a bait-ball being attacked by at least a hundred sharks--mostly silkies, plus Galapagos and blacktips, a half-dozen dolphins, yellowfin tuna, and diving birds. It was scary to be in the water with so many predators so close. Technically we weren't diving though, we were snorkeling--always bring a snorkel!

Miss May, 2001
During one of my all-time classic Chicago days I rode out to O'hare with a pounding headache in a cab (I know, I know, take the brown line, or is it blue?) that had to seek shelter under a viaduct from golf-ball sized hail. When I finally got out to the airport, of course my flight was much later than my cab, so I picked a quiet gate to wait. A blue-grass church group whipped out their banjoes and started in on an endless round of Michael row your boat, so I got up to seek a quieter refuge and standing right in front of me was a lovely young lady wearing a sash and a tiara. I grew up in NYC, so not a lot surprises me, and certainly a beauty queen or a model is a pretty routine sight, but there she was, Miss Teen USA, walking around O'hare with a tiara and sash. No photographers, no entourage--just her, walking around like that was how people dress for flights, in a tiara and a sash.

some great experiences so far.
For me was seeing a Minke whale on the outer Great Barrier Reef, in the middle of the deep blue, having this creature do a couple of big loops past us trailing 50m off the back of our boat on a rope. Sheer joy :)

My 10-year-old son showing the "ok" sign and grinning back at me during his first open water dive.

Never mind if you think it's difficult

Funny how everyone else was able to intrepret and answer the question except for one. The question wasn't difficult, but you can see that some people are. :wink:

For me the best thing I've seen diving is a 16ft. manta that was swimming loops within inches of my head. It was exhilirating to watch such a majestic creature and look into its eye as it glided by.

Aww I'm so jealous of all of you :)!

My dream is to see a shark :)! Love them :)!

xxx

Strangely the best thing I've seen diving was nothing at all. I call it "my deep blue experience". I had gotten separated from the rest of my group and suddenly I was just hanging there in the middle of the ocean and it didn't matter which direction I looked, all I could see was blue. No creatures, no people. It was an incredible sensation of peace.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom