Best source for tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do agree with what you are saying. I was kind of upset with one local dive shop when I dropped off the Apeks reg I bought from Dive Inn to have it assebled and set up. I wasn't sure if hte guy was just giving me a hard time or if he was serious about not liking the fact that I bought them online and that it wasn't a scuba pro. However i have already spent $1200 with him in the last month with a Scubapro Mk25/S600 and Uwatec Smart Pro. Not to mention the fact that I am buying a new BC for my fiance and if she like one he has then I will get it there. I have to think twice about spending money there on tanks when he grumbles about me buying a reg online when i get a crazydeal like i got. I guess only time will tell. I hope he doesn't make me sorry I bought equipment from him.

thats like goin in the Gap with an old navy shirt on and the girl at the counter giving you attitude... its just childish at best. I say, tell him to F/O. I assume you paid him to assemble and setup your regs and that by setup, you mean check IP cause other than screwing the hoses together, there isn't anything that needs to be done other than checking the IP just to make sure its ok. That whole process takes all of 3 minutes of his time and I've never seen a dive shop tech/owner that didn't have plenty of free time on his hands. I guess if he treated people like you better, his days would be busier because he would have customers like yourself coming in more often. Is there a class on how not to be a successful business owner that they all take?

my point is proven again... you give him a ton of money and he still mistreats you. At the same time, he gets all crybaby and thinking you did him wrong by saving yourself some money. Boo hoo... you bought your shirt from old navy for $15 instead of $30 for mine... If you want my shirt, its $35 now... After you buy 10 for $35, then I'll give them to you for $28.95 every now and then... please...

I learned my lesson when I bought a mask I wanted for $100 and then a week later found it on line for $34 including shipping.

I believe every business should expect a fair profit...but I did say fair. My lds really gets upset when you ask questions about products he does not carry....can not carry because of other manufacturers restrictions....I thought monopolies, product and price fixing was illegal ???? Only the squeaky wheel gets oiled.

Well I am not all that sure he was serious about it. I just couldn't tell if he was trying to be funny or if he was serious. Espcecially since he offered to knock another $50 of a BC that already had $150 discount, which seems like more than an excellent deal. I guess I will find out for sure this weekend when I go and pick up the reg.

$200 for an AL80??? The only dive shop in the central FL area that quoted me even near that price threw in free air fills for one year plus a boot and cap.

Other than that, it's amazing how quickly these threads deteriorate :bonk:. I think I'm going to keep a list with links to all of the past LDS vs. Online debates handy :eek:ut:
http://www.diversunion.org ....good website.

omar once bubbled...
Luxfer AL80 - $120 + $20 fixed shipping to your door = $140 total
I'm simply informing, cylinders are something I'd never buy from an LDS around here.

Well I take that back, I bought four a couple years ago when I got a good deal when the shop was ordering in a bunch of rentals. Two AL80s, one AL40 and an AL14 for Argon.

Roak

Dr. Jay once bubbled...
$200 for an AL80??? The only dive shop in the central FL area that quoted me even near that price threw in free air fills for one year plus a boot and cap.
Free fills? You have got to be kidding (at least the shops around here would think so)

As I mentioned in another note, the Colorado SCUBA industry is really, really strange.

Roak

jamiei once bubbled...
Buy tanks, air, accessories, and have them service your regs if they will walk you through the procedure and have a well organized and neat workshop. Heck, their prices are even good on equipment when they have their clearance (everyone knows my prices are too high sale) or going out of business sale.

Why should they walk you through the reg rebuild procedure?

Dealing tanks stinks. An AL 80 cost $100 or more and shiping is around $10 per tank then you have to visual and fill them. Then divers want free air, dust covers and boots. It isn't worth the cost of the phone call to order them. All that work and expense just so some idiot can accuse you of trying to cheat him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom