Best Sites for Critters in Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

feel free to drop me a PM when your visit gets close and if I can help direct you while here I'll be glad to do so - depending on my schedule maybe we can get a dive in together as well :D

Be aware that, as with any location, sites aren't guaranteed. I've done the Cathedrals a few times, but last time we went out (with Extended Horizons) some people on the boat had just done the Cathedrals, and most ops try to give their guests variety. We ended up a Mempachi Caves, which is an underwater lava tube swim through. Interesting, but not as good as the Cathedrals. Plus conditions, I've done the one big cathedral with the sun spotlight in it (one? two?) once, but every time since then the conditions haven't been right (or so I am told), and we went to the other.

I am also partial to the part of molokini back wall that is reef's end/ennenui toward the backwall. The backwall proper is interesting, and it's a dramatic sheer drop, but my dives around the edges of Molokini have always been better (course, I didn't have a manta or humpback swim by.....)

Back
Top Bottom