Best short/light travel fin. Apeks RK3, Scubapro Jetfin or Hollis F2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

happy diver,
I have a pair of those Zeagle Teluoz fins. They are light, but I wouldn't consider them very stiff. You can generate some thrust, but you have to be really flapping your legs. I like them for snorkeling. You can use them with any sort of foot wear, even barefoot. I found them difficult to don and doff. Sadly they are no longer available, nor is the follow on model.

I have the F2's as well. They are a better performing fin than those Zeagles. A little bit short on power if you have to drive into a current, though adequate. My primary fin is the Cressi Pro-light. These fins and similar designs with the blade sort of canted 15-20 degrees down from the top of the foot pocket provide a streamlined profile, enabling an efficient flutter kick. Too long for carry on baggage unfortunately.

In my personal opinion, I would VALUE PERFORMANCE OVER WEIGHT.

I had the Apeks RK3 HD fins and I still thought they were quite “light”.
I, personally, prefer the jetfins by far over all other rivals. I also need the weight in my feet for my trim to be horizontal.

In my personal opinion, I would VALUE PERFORMANCE OVER WEIGHT.

I had the Apeks RK3 HD fins and I still thought they were quite “light”.
I, personally, prefer the jetfins by far over all other rivals. I also need the weight in my feet for my trim to be horizontal.

+1
With such a comfortable fit they feel seamless.... Like you grew fins. If your feet are slightly floaty in neoprene boots like mine, jets are the ticket.
I've never had my carryon weighed though. Good thing!
Jets, sm regs and a pony + hardware add up.

Cheers!

I’m Europe they have started weighing carry on bags recently and I was almost asked to check in all my expensive small items into luggage a few times. It probably doesn’t help that the case I’m using is a 1510 case which is already heavy from the get go.

But back to the point, performance over weight in my opinion.

I’m Europe they have started weighing carry on bags recently and I was almost asked to check in all my expensive small items into luggage a few times. It probably doesn’t help that the case I’m using is a 1510 case which is already heavy from the get go.

But back to the point, performance over weight in my opinion.

Sorry to hear..
I'd suggest a light jacket with BIG/MANY pockets.
They can't weigh it if you're wearing it...
Some have gone as far as wearing their bcd!

Cheers

Sorry to hear..
I'd suggest a light jacket with BIG/MANY pockets.
They can't weigh it if you're wearing it...
Some have gone as far as wearing their bcd!

Cheers
Ive heard of people wearing rebreathers on small planes to remote locations

Hi, maybe I missed someone mentioning them, but I highly recommend the Tusa HyFlex Switch fins. Not only are they a great performing fin, but the foot pocket can be easily disassembled from the fin for easy packing. But I don't even bother--I just stuff them in the outside pocket of my rollaboard and fly away. I've never been hassled about it.

TUSA | Fins | TUSA HyFlex Switch

Cool gonna give these guys a shout. Also, I've just been doing some research on the Dive Rite XT fins. Have either of you tried these? They seem heavy.

I tried the Eddys because the shorter length appealed to me, and I read claims that they could match my diverites for thrust. I didn't notice a big difference in thrust, but my buddies did... one was super annoyed after a long cave dive because i was moving so slow in the new fins, whereas in the past (with my diverites) we've been about the same or I was a little faster than him. That was enough for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom