Best Shore Snorkel Locations in Kauai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwestwood

Reaction score
Hey Friends!

I'm going to be getting married in Kauai in July and wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions on shore snorkeling. Are there any reefs that are accessbile from the shores? I think that we'll plan one charted boat for the Napali coast but really wanted to check out the beaches.

Thanks!!

Joe W

poipu beach is good pks right in front of the beach house is good, as well as tunnels up north that time of year

We just got back from our first trip to Kauai and we snorkeled a beach in Princeville called the Hideaway. There was a hike involved (handrails were present) of about 7 minutes (lots of whining on my part). The hike (with the resulting sore muscles the next day) was totally worth it!!! I saw eels, fish, different corals, only about 7 other people in the entire area. The beach itself was perfect: ivory sand, crashing waves, spookily quiet people (all seven of us), shade trees when you wanted them...perfect!

Congrats on your marriage!

Mara G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom