Best Shore Dive in San Diego?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vansmack

Registered
Reaction score
Any ideas for a nice shore dive in SD next Saurday? Me and my GF will be there next weekend and wil be diving the LOIS ANN charter on Sunday. Any help would be appreciated.

I've recently been told that (at least on weekdays) a lot of tourists are leaving the beach at 5 or 6PM, which still leaves some time before sundown at 8PM :)

Start with the La Jolla Shores but do NOT leave any valuables in your car if you are diving at night. Darn sketchy La Jolla rif-raf...

-A

vansmack:
Are dive flags required for shore diving at La Jolla shores?

Nope...

Watch out for swimmers too.. The same one kicked all 3 people in my group today in the face.. knocked the mask off of one..
Swimmers & kayakers, are pretty careless...

vansmack:
Any ideas for a nice shore dive in SD next Saurday? Me and my GF will be there next weekend and wil be diving the LOIS ANN charter on Sunday. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's some info on the La Jolla Shores dive site:

http://www.scubapost.net/content.php?id=218

I'd suggest you check out the La Jolla Cove. They have lots of Giant Black Sea Bass and Soupfin sharks cruising aorund the cove. Conditions are really nice the past few days. I'm not sure how it will be on the weekend, but you could have an excellent dive at the Cove. The Shores is a better dive at night and it's a long surface kick to the canyon wall and back... When conditions are right, the Cove is rocking... Swim straight out from the stairs and in about 30-40 feet of water you should see some GSB's... It's a wonderful experience!

I hope this helps!

Sean

Back
Top Bottom