Best Scubaboard Posters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lone Frogman:
Today I'll vote Walter, in till he says something I don't like.

Let me help you with that. I believe you meant "until." Does that bump me from your list? LOL!!

Cave Diver:
The macaw in Walters avatar was part of the original banner, before the Scubaboard logo was adopted.

The logo change came with the change in ownership fron King Neptune to Net Doc. When the logo was changed, I complained. Then I complained some more. Finally, I complained. Pete installed the macaw as my avatar to shut me up. I'm not even fond of birds. I wish some old time active member had the other macaw as their avatar.

I never fail to learn something every day from the board. Today I'll vote Walter, in till he says something I don't like. :rofl3:

I was going to say 'Just give him time.' but he beat me to it.

I thought I might go a little off-topic to suggest that you take a look at the sticky thread at the top of this "Basic Scuba Discussions" sub-forum. I, myself, didn't know anything about the lawsuit until I happened to check on the A&I thread that is actually the subject of the lawsuit (I've been following that thread since it opened in 2008). The sticky thread is an eye-opener to how much we take for granted (and for many of us, depend on) this board.

Just my 2 cents... :wink:

Trish

Let me help you with that. I believe you meant "until." Does that bump me from your list? LOL!!

The logo change came with the change in ownership fron King Neptune to Net Doc. When the logo was changed, I complained. Then I complained some more. Finally, I complained. Pete installed the macaw as my avatar to shut me up. I'm not even fond of birds. I wish some old time active member had the other macaw as their avatar.

So what you're saying is, he gave you the bird?

:rofl3:

There are too many people whom I consider good posters. For the most part they are the ones who make me think and take the time to think themselves. Sometimes this is by asking thought provoking questions, providing helpful information and sometimes it is by questioning something I have said (arguing in the classical sense) thus forcing me to "test" the validity of my ideas.

I prefer helpful to popular (a nebulous concept that I have never really understood the rules of) but again this is subjective. If one is into books Sam Miller is high on the list. If one is into vintage diving there are sooo.... many helpful members it's not fair to even single one out (Pretty well the whole sub forum gets my vote). In the technical forums it's the posters who take the time to explain their opinions rather than just slam someone (Trace comes to mind among many others). Then there are the consistantly general helpful types like Bob, Lynne, DA and others. Cam is the politest poster I've ever seen. That is by no means a comprehensive list either and no slight against any I have not mentioned. - I would be here half the night if I tried to name all the posters whom I consider valuable to the board and I still wouldn't get it right.

LOL, Your still on my list. Its just a new one. :rofl3:

Last night over dinner, as I listened to my wife talking animatedly about her busy day, the thoughts of another person crept into my consciousness: "Cherish her while you can," he seemed to say, "for someday, too soon, she will be gone."

I'm going to nominate Jim Lapenta for my list of best posters.

On the meaning of chivalry in the modern age.

"For 9 years I opened every door for my wife, I even picked her up to put her in the car, bathed her, took her to the bathroom, and towards the end fed her as well. It is difficult for me now to not open doors for a lady. I told the woman I have been seeing now when she says I don't have run around and open the car door that she is lucky I don't lift her in and out. I became a better man for having to do the things I needed to do for Denise. The times I got wet in the rain, snow in my shoes, and stood in puddles were all worth it and I would give most anything to have to keep doing it. But that was then and this is now. It does not mean I no longer have to open doors, put an arm around the person I'm with, or instinctively move into a protective position when walking outside or even in the mall when there are gangs of little hoods running around.

There are those who for whatever reason think that being chivalrous and polite is being chauvinistic. They give the entire human race a bad name. I feel sorry for those women. I consider it a priviledge to be able to open a door or hold an elevator. When it is a part of your whole life and then that part is ripped away by death you realize just how much a little kindness towards others comes back to you in ways you cannot imagine, and at a much greater level than you could have possibly realized. Be happy that you have someone to hold a door open for. I don't know how old the OP is but as our society has aged and new generations emerged they seem to lose a little more decency, respect, and consideration each time. And political correctness and so-called equality has been a big factor in this. There is nothing wrong with equal pay and respect but it should not be at the expense of of just being a decent person."

- Jim Lapenta. April 18, 2010

Reactions: D_B
Of course there would. NetDoc is the current owner of ScubaBoard, but is not the founder. The founders were King Neptune and Ladydiver. They started the board in July 2000. Pete, member #879, joined in January 2001. He bought ScubaBoard in late 2003.
Don't sue me Walter, but that's not quite accurate. ScubaBoard was actually given to me. Yes, I gave the other party money to get them out of the bind they were in, but it was never a sale as King Neptune stipulated it as a gift. I had already been running ScubaBoard for well over a year with the help of Spectre and had been paying most of the bills during that time with a bit of help from some of the moderators. We were fast coming to an end due to limited finances. Adding banners and advertising allowed us to continue and grow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom