Best scuba advice you’ve received

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

regulators are not life support either, this is a lie propagated by the dive gear industry to sell more expensive regulators and restrict service materials. If your life really did depend on your regulator working, there would be many, many more dead divers and probably very, very few people would choose to dive. I certainly wouldn't. This is why things like air sharing, alternate air sources, even CESA are taught. Air is life support underwater, not your regulator. Any decent diver knows to always dive in such a way as to have access to air from at least two sources, the second source typically being a buddy or the surface in recreational diving. Regulators are pretty reliable, but they do fail from time to time.

This is pretty distorted view of what the regulator does and what it provides to the diver and a gross false accusation of the diving industry. You are throwing everything at the wall hoping something would stick here.

Redundancies and alternate plans for air delivery you mention are actually proof that the regulator is indeed a critical "life support" system without which the diver is in trouble. If the regulator's function weren't critical, we wouldn't bother with alternate plans.

Don’t use a mix, use limes and your choice of sweeter, Works for both ‘frozen’ and ‘on the rocks’ varieties.
it was at a bar so i couldn't control it. i like raspberry mojitos.

it was at a bar so i couldn't control it. i like raspberry mojitos.
Hubby makes a great mint mojito, again, no mixes. I keep Havana Club around just in case. He also makes a great mangorita! We sip them while contemplating dive trip advice. :)

Hubby makes a great mint mojito, again, no mixes. I keep Havana Club around just in case. He also makes a great mangorita! We sip them while contemplating dive trip advice. :)
what better combination than that? good drinks, dive trips. :)

More important than emptying your BCD at the the start of a dive is to empty your bowels before you dive. Try to sh!t before you get onto the boat, into the suit and definitely before you get into the water!

More important than emptying your BCD at the the start of a dive is to empty your bowels before you dive. Try to sh!t before you get onto the boat, into the suit and definitely before you get into the water!
Or piss. Holy crap, I remember surfacing and hauling ass to the bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom