Best scuba advice you’ve received

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this...got ripped a new one from a friend for (very shortly) holding my breath on ascent. can kill ya
During times of stress people will tend to hold their breath--which is extremely important for divers to keep in mind (especially when things might be going a bit sideways).

rx7diver

During times of stress people will tend to hold their breath--which is extremely important for divers to keep in mind (especially when things might be going a bit sideways).

rx7diver
i've held my breath for buoyancy control (wanting to ascend a bit). sometimes i randomly hold my breath- this is in and out of diving.
not very good, just gotta be conscious of it i guess.

i've held my breath for buoyancy control (wanting to ascend a bit). sometimes i randomly hold my breath- this is in and out of diving.
not very good, just gotta be conscious of it i guess.
At depth, I will inhale slightly more (i.e., take a slightly deeper breath) to initiate an ascent. But, not too much more, and only momentarily before resuming normal breathing.

And when holding at a certain depth, I might "linger" awhile between an inhalation, and a quickish exhalation followed by a quickish inhalation.

rx7diver

sounds like a good night! LOL

Tradition at this point. Found an unopened bottle of tequila on a local wreck (Yukon) on a pre-trip checkout dive a while ago. Made margaritas from it, now just do it before any trip (original tequila is gone but keep buying the same brand and refilling the bottle I found).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom