Best sale price for oceanic geo 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ls1dreams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Curious what price to aim for with an oceanic geo 2.

I've given up on deep6 releasing anything in the next year and just want to get something to dive with this year.

Open to other suggestions as well that (a) are under $200 or so and (b) have at least 2 buttons. Prefer buhlman alg.

Hi @ls1dreams

I don't think you will find a Geo 2 for less than $200. Call Leisurepro for their best price, I've heard of it for $250. You would also have to buy a cable if you want to download. Geo 2 runs DSAT and PZ+ (proprietary version of Bulhmann, not with GF presets or custom GFs).

The cheapest I've ever seen was $274 in September 2016 on LeisurePro. My local shop price matched. LP now only has the white version for $349. You might be better off looking for a used one. Too bad DGX doesn't have the Hollis DG03 any longer. It was $199.

I know a lot of people don't like Suunto, but LP has the Vyper on sale for $224 (usually $445). 3 buttons.

Suunto Vyper Wrist Computer, Silver

I could swing $250 possibly. Extra cable is an added jab though =/

Maybe I should just buy a cheapo $150 model or something.

I actually just saw that vyper deal which looks pretty good but I'm not a big fan of the suunto rgbm algorith.

The cheapest I've ever seen was $274 in September 2016 on LeisurePro. My local shop price matched. LP now only has the white version for $349. You might be better off looking for a used one. Too bad DGX doesn't have the Hollis DG03 any longer. It was $199.

I know a lot of people don't like Suunto, but LP has the Vyper on sale for $224 (usually $445). 3 buttons.

Suunto Vyper Wrist Computer, Silver

CAREFUL: Buyers should be aware that that is the OLD version of the Vyper. No longer in production. Nothing wrong with it but no compass and other features that exist on new Vyper Novo.

Last edited:
Some version of Puck is the cheapest you can get, with the cheapest uplink cable as well. Plus I believe they have a BT uplink dongle as well now. One button and you won't know how the algorithm fits your diving until you dive it.

Some version of Puck is the cheapest you can get, with the cheapest uplink cable as well. Plus I believe they have a BT uplink dongle as well now. One button and you won't know how the algorithm fits your diving until you dive it.

Really I just want something that:
- Has at least 2 buttons
- Uses BHL algorithm (this is the hardest to find affordably)
- Supports nitrox
- Has an affordable data transfer cable

Seems impossible to find.

Really I just want something that:
- Has at least 2 buttons
- Uses BHL algorithm (this is the hardest to find affordably)
- Supports nitrox
- Has an affordable data transfer cable

Seems impossible to find.
There are very few computers running Buhlmann with GF.

I bought a Dive Rite Nitek Q about a year and a half ago, has GF presets and custom, cost only $400. Unfortunately, this computer is no longer available.

You may want to look at the Divesoft Freedom Basic, one gas, custom GF, available for about $480

Entry level Ratio computers only have GF presets, cost about $630

Of course, you know about Shearwater, the new Garmin computer costs about a grand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom