Best rEvo sensor configuration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can override the voting logic on any unit by cutting off the O2 supply at the solenoid...run it manual and deco off your backup....

great if you can actually get back there and shut one of without the other, otherwise you're feather valves. or I can hit like 4-5 buttons and tell it to ignore the bad cells and not have to feather and use an offboard computer for backup. I like that plan better. I was trained the other way obviously, but would be nice to not worry about that when doing something like scootering a mile plus out of a cave

DE0E6550-38E9-4A91-BFCB-1D011B2BAD95.jpeg
You are right, nobody wants to feather for 2 or 3 thousand feet.

Inline shut-off on the solenoid like the SF2 and it's a non-issue. A quick flick is easier than both.

I don't find shut-offs to be a serious risk on a solenoid. PO2 decay is slow enough that it's easy to keep track of, and on inverted tanks with the regs facing in I'd have to do some pretty interesting gymnastics to get it to turn off without it being done purposefully.

True, but that’s the least important scenario. I’d be more worried about 2 sensors being off (like current limited) and reading 1.2, while the “bad” sensor (that’s actually correct) is reading 2.4. In that scenario, the two current limited cells are voting out the good cell...which is why it’s nice to have independent cells for validation.

I thought what I said was exactly the same as what you said. Except you gave a specific example. What am I missing?

I noticed that the splitters in the unit now have inline resistors in them. So, with those it is okay to use splitters and connect a sensor to more than one device?

I noticed that the splitters in the unit now have inline resistors in them. So, with those it is okay to use splitters and connect a sensor to more than one device?

Yes. You'll get slightly different readings for the same cell, but it's inconsequential. I really only notice it in air when I'll get a .21 and a .20 for the same cell on my fischer'd secondary.

I thought what I said was exactly the same as what you said. Except you gave a specific example. What am I missing?

The way I read it, you were worried about gettin a bad deco schedule due to the controller voting out the good cell...

What I’m saying is that the bad deco schedule is inconsequential if you aren’t alive to do deco

@tomfcrist and @JohnnyC with bmcl's of some variety it's easier. With OTS lungs you'd have to take the single hose that goes to the solenoid and split it to put the inline shutoff in. Clunky solution for a relatively easy software fix.... If you have a mav block like that it's pretty inconsequential, but on OTS it would be really ugly, plus it still doesn't fix the onboard deco problem which the software correction would.

@tomfcrist and @JohnnyC with bmcl's of some variety it's easier. With OTS lungs you'd have to take the single hose that goes to the solenoid and split it to put the inline shutoff in. Clunky solution for a relatively easy software fix.... If you have a mav block like that it's pretty inconsequential, but on OTS it would be really ugly, plus it still doesn't fix the onboard deco problem which the software correction would.

Only if you only have one line running from your O2 first stage. Put the shut-off on the first stage. Had one on my Meg too. Solenoid line and MAV lines separate. Shut-off on the solenoid only and you have full control of your MAV's, no matter the lung location. The options far outweigh the failure point of an extra couple o-rings.

Whether or not this is possible on the Belgian wünderbox I don't know, but it should be pretty easy to implement.

Last edited:
Nah. shut-off on the first stage. Had one on my Meg too. Solenoid line and MAV lines are separate. Shut-off on the solenoid only and you have full control of your MAV's, no matter the lung location.

I can't reach the first stage with my setup *think GUE JJ*. I also run one hose up to the solenoid and split it from there to the lungs. Much cleaner with the 50's on there and got me away from non-standard hose lengths. If that situation arises I'll just feather the valve, but like I said, it still means that my onboard computer is giving incorrect deco and it forces you to go offboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom