Best resources for diving La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brou0040

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking at diving La Jolla this coming weekend and was looking for the best resources used for determining local conditions. Any suggestions would be great, right now we're thinking 2-3 dives at La Jolla cove one day and 2-3 dives at La Jolla Shores another day. Bonus for tips on finding sea turtles and sharks! We've done a lot of boat diving, Catalina diving, and some shore diving further north, but this will be our first time diving San Diego. Recommendations on where to fill tanks will be great too. I've got air now, but we'll need to viz for our refills (hydro is good).

Three sites I use to get an idea of LJ surf:

1) La Jolla Shores Surf Forecast and Surf Report
2) Station Data Page Home
3) https://www.surfline.com/surf-report/scripps/5842041f4e65fad6a7708839?camId=5834a0733421b20545c4b584

Good local dive site information: Divebums - A San Diego Dive Website

You can fill at Ocean Enterprises, House of Scuba, or San Diego Divers. Both Ocean Enterprises and House of Scuba can be a bit of a 'fill madhouse' if they have classes going on during the weekend -- so build in some time just in case you have to wait a while for tanks.

right now we're thinking 2-3 dives at La Jolla cove one day and 2-3 dives at La Jolla Shores another day. Bonus for tips on finding sea turtles and sharks!

Man I couldn't do that many dives even when I could, and that other stuff well they find you
Have a brilliant time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom