Best Resource for a Pee Valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

616fun

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've decided to install a Pee-Valve. Realizing there is everything from a $55 version from NESS, to a nearly $200 version from OMS and Halcyon, what is the best place to pick one up? I see you can create one yourself, does anyone have the McMaster-Carr part numbers to build it? I'm trying to decide what route I should go.

Thanks ahead of time!

I've decided to install a Pee-Valve. Realizing there is everything from a $55 version from NESS, to a nearly $200 version from OMS and Halcyon, what is the best place to pick one up? I see you can create one yourself, does anyone have the McMaster-Carr part numbers to build it? I'm trying to decide what route I should go.
There's not a whole lot of difference between them.

Two main choices - balanced or unbalanced, and the newer, compact single piece versions, or the old-school T-pieced check valve versions (if you go balanced.)

I guess there's one more choice, too - shutoff or not if you go single piece.

This topic's been discussed a lot; search over on The Deco Stop (The Deco Stop) and you'll get a wealth of information.

The bottom line is that the compact ones (OMS, Dive Rite, or Halcyon) are more comfortable because you don't have the T-piece jabbing you in the leg; balanced ones are generally better than unbalanced (all "compact" ones are balanced, and there's no need to "prime" on the surface to make life easier), and the ability to shutoff (Halcyon) is over-rated, although that's what came from DUI as a factory-install, so that's what I have.

There's really very little difference between the brands/manufacturers. This is a very simple piece of hardware.

Try this link n deco stop, a very good read for first time P-vavle users.

The Deco Stop

Brendan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom