Best Reef Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am going to marathon key later this year,and i would like to know which reef dive site is the most impressive to dive on while i am there.
i have been on alot of reefs near key largo,so marathon and south will be where i am planning to dive.
:D

I would recommend the west end of Looe Key Reef. It's south of Vacca Key but worth the drive IMO. As for dive sites close to Marathon, check out Coffins Patch and of course Sombrero light. You can dive the Thunderbolt (wreck dive, not reef) from Marathon as well.

I liked Sombrero.

No, you aren't. There is no Marathon Key. Marathon is on Key Vaca.

That's not entirely correct if you're intending to pick nits....
Marathon is 10 miles long and comprised of mainly Knight's, Vaca, Fat Deer, and Grassy Keys, but also stretching onto Long Point and Crawl Keys.

No, you aren't. There is no Marathon Key. Marathon is on Key Vaca. I like the reef at Delta Shoals.

I wish i had a detailed map that clearly shows the correct ID fo each Key , but i dont yet.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom