Best price/warranty for Dive Rite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It's between Zeagle and Dive Rite...

I'm leaning towards a set of Dive Rite regs.
Probably the RG2500

Now I'm looking for a good deal.
NESS has a reasonable package, any others?

Well, ok I'm still in the air a bit. Apeks is looking good too.
Sigh.

What type of diving do you plan on doing with this regulator?

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:
What type of diving do you plan on doing with this regulator?

Mark Vlahos

Welp...
Plenty of pool time.
No colder than 50 degree water.
Usually wrecks on the outer banks, but hawaii this summer...

I gotta be able to get service kits for it. Local shop 1 isnt' so good, other local is scubapro only, and I doubt I'll go SP again. My last set was a pita.

willo:
Welp...
Plenty of pool time.
No colder than 50 degree water.
Usually wrecks on the outer banks, but hawaii this summer...

I gotta be able to get service kits for it. Local shop 1 isnt' so good, other local is scubapro only, and I doubt I'll go SP again. My last set was a pita.

The Zeagle ZX-50D, Apeks ATX-50, and the DiveRite RG2500 (with the optional ICE kit) all seem to have roughly comperable first stages. The Zeagle and Apeks second stages seem very similar with the DiveRite being only slightly different.

Zeagle kits are readily available without breaking any rules from ScubaToys, as should be the DiveRite kits. The DiveRite kits are certainly available at DiveRite Express. Apeks kits are at Salvo diving. Soooo, as far as parts for do it yourself repairs they all seem about equal in the availability department.

Personally I like the dive / pre-dive adjustment on the Zeagle and Apeks a little more than the one on the DiveRite, but this is a truly minor preference and probably not a major design difference.

Apeks has free parts for life if you get it serviced at an authorized dealer annually, but you have indicated that this is not a factor so it is probably not worth anything to you.

Apeks is made in Great Britan, Zeagle in USA, and I don't know where the DiveRite is manufactured.

All three regs are high quality high performance regs. I would take any of them into a cave, but I chose to purchase for my doubles Apeks regs specifically the DS4 first stage and the TX50 second stage. I considered all three of the manufacturers and settled on the Apeks because of a deal on maintenance from my local shop that will make the long term costs of ownership more managable on the Apeks. I chose the non swivel first stage only because for doubles I liked the hose routing a little better, the price for the ATX50 was the same at my local shop.

Mark Vlahos

I have the rg2500. It is an amazing regulator. It breathes much better than my scubapros (Mk16/R380 and Mk18/G250). I got a killer deal on the Dive Rite ($290) at a one day sale at the LDS. I wish I had bought two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom