BEST price on tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I buy a fair amount of my gear online, but the economics have not normally worked out for tanks. The cost of shipping eats hard into the savings, and when you throw in the free fills I get from the local shops, BINGO - the locals usually get my business. Additionally, unless you know exactly what you want, your local dive shop is a source for not-so-free advice and education. If you're pumping your own air and don't need any advice, then you just have to keep watching the usual online suspects until a bargain pops up.

I'd also steer clear of used tanks, especially on ebay. The cavers will tell you that there's no hazard to overfilling tanks by 30 or 40 percent, but you'll notice that they're selling them sometime after the first few years...any used tank you buy should definitely be hydro'd and given a vis, no matter the date.

Bon chance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom