Best price for NEW A630 with warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Woo Hoo! I just received the housing for my as-of-yet-unpurchased Canon Powershot A630. Now to find the camera. I want a NEW in box with warranty because I've had bad luck with cameras. In the past six years I have had to have warranty repairs/replacement on three film cameras and one digital.

Couldn't find one local...it's not a current model.

I've found a few for about $268 plus shipping on eBay but not sure I want to go that way. Internet retailers have it for $299. Using MrRebates.com I can get 2% off a new one from Beach Camera so it would be about $293. For $25 difference I'm thinking I'll just go with Beach but I'm wondering if anyone knows any less expensive but safe options.

Hoping to get it pretty soon so that I can start practicing locally before ITK and my upcoming Nekton Pilot trip. :D

How long ago did you purchase the housing? Was it on backorder?

I ordered a housing this week on backorder and was hoping it will be in time for a trip at the end of June.

Thanks,

I ordered it directly from Canon on Monday night. They said it was on backorder, but it arrived on my porch at noon today!

I bought my HD Video Camera from Beach Camera, they shipped it fast. Best price at the time also.

Don't buy from Plemix, all their stuff is imported gear with no warranty - except theirs.

Last edited:
Yes, it does have to be new. I have very bad luck with cameras and over the past six years have had to send four of them back for warranty work.

Have no idea but check on Amazon.com.....They used to sell the A570's for the cheapest price(last year anyway)

They have the best price for the camera I'm buying which is the A630, using Beach Camera as the vendor.

Debby,
I've had the A630 for about 2 years now (I think they stopped making it shortly after I bought it), and I've been quite happy it with for uw photos. The photos are fairly good quality for a simple point 'n shoot. I am only a snorkel diver and thus usually take pictures where available light is adequate, but I have used the built-in flash for pics in crevices and they have sometimes turned out surprisingly well. Not sure if you are interested, but here are some of my photos:
Culebra & Vieques Puerto Rico underwater 2008 Photo Gallery by Dave_Clausen at pbase.com
Destin Florida Underwater 2007 Photo Gallery by Dave_Clausen at pbase.com
Destin Florida underwater 2008 Photo Gallery by Dave_Clausen at pbase.com
Baja California Mexico underwater 2009 Photo Gallery by Dave_Clausen at pbase.com

I hope you enjoy the camera as much as I have.

Dave, your photos are OUTSTANDING!!!! Thank you so much for sharing them...now I am REALLY excited to get the camera and start shooting! Phenomenal pics for not using the flash. Did you do the hack and do you shoot raw?

Back
Top Bottom