Best places to dive with Dolphins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dove Florida for over 30 years. I have never seen a wild dolphin. I have dropped on them a couple of times and heard them a couple of times but never have seen one while diving.

For the Keys, summer - no wetsuit to 3mm. For winter, 3mm (for some) - 5mm. I just did a dive this weekend where the water was 79 at depth in Ft. Lauderdale. I have had the Keys be cold on a boat so a boat coat might be in order for winter.

If you like more ambitious travelling, I'd recommend a trip to Israel.

I visited the Dolphin Reef center in Eilat back in the early 2000's and it was awesome.

FB_IMG_1479234083235.jpg

The dolphins are semi-wild. From what I understood, it's more of a sanctuary... and not a dolphin training place at all. They're very strict about responsible interaction and there's a learning center at the site.

When I dived there, the dolphins followed us around the whole dive. Swimming around and between the divers. I also had a playful baby pulling at my arm to play... :)

It'd also give you opportunity to visit some real bucket-list spots like Petra, Jerusalem... even the Pyramids. Not sure of the border situation now, but when I was there it was easy to cross between Egypt and Jordan.

I would love to dive in Israel. I have been there a few times before starting to dive and have heard the diving is amazing.

Thanks for the tips!

Sardine Run (south africa)

you're going to see them by hundreds, also whales and sharks

Back
Top Bottom