Best place to stay to dive Destin Jetties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShallowDiverDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I realize many of you live near Destin, so you can make short day trips and return home, but I live in Atlanta, and was wondering what would be the best place to stay (hotel/resort), if I was to plan a to dive the destin jetties? Basically, I'm looking for a place to walk right over to the jetties from the hotel. Thanks!

Maybe some of the other guys will have some more information but as far as I know on that end of Holiday Isle there aren't any motels...just condos. You might find a condo you could walk from but not a hotel. My suggestion would be find a good off season rate somewhere right in the old part of Destin because you will have to drive out to the end of the island anyways. Any of you guys got a better suggestion????

Rent the beach house by the public access, run a thick wire from the upper patio to the jetties, and zipline down with gear - thats my suggestion :)

In all honesty, the nearest hotels aren't very near...

Yeah, it appears like an alternative solution maybe in order...your proposed zip-line technique sounds like a great option :).

SuPrBuGmAn:
Rent the beach house by the public access, run a thick wire from the upper patio to the jetties, and zipline down with gear - thats my suggestion :)

I like that suggestion.:D

I still think the DR Powerwagon or the John Deer Gator is the best option for getting back and forth. :)

(of course finding a parking space for a truck and a trailer is the real hard thing to do. I think the folks who take their small boats over and anchor in the shallows have the right idea).

nah, it's ok, I'm thoroughly entertained!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom