Best place to get plain Talc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i use KY jelly personally
less mess and easy to use
some people use vet lube as they can get heaps of it cheaply

Ditto on the KY Jelly. I hit a sale at my local grocery on the storebrand stuff, buy one get one free. I picked up 6 tubes. Imagine the looks I got from the cashier and the bag boy given I had 6 tubes of "lubricating jelly" mixed in amongst my groceries....... :blinking:

I also don't use talc,,,,found that a mix of water and a bit of baby shampoo in a small spray bottle work much better for donning/doffing a ds.:)

Just a quick check on the KY Jelly. It doesn't damage the latex seals in any way?
I thought KY Jelly was petroleum based?

No, KY and the storebrands are not petroleum based. Hence being able to use them with latex condoms......... but that's a different story for a far different forum!! :blinking:

after realizing that the human body treats Talc very similar to asbestos, I have switched to using Corn Statch. Works just fine and don't have to worry about breathing it, or having it around the kids.

No having any experience with KY Jelly and a long time ago with the "raincoats" I should have thought about the latex interaction. I guess I am going to have to get "lubed" up for diving for now on.

No, KY and the storebrands are not petroleum based. Hence being able to use them with latex condoms......... but that's a different story for a far different forum!! :blinking:

Any time your in Jersey and need a dive buddy drop me a line.:wink:

Don't plan on being there at all any time soon. But, I do hear that your wreck diving is legendary.
Thanks for the invite and you are welcome in the peach state as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom