Best place to get HP 100s in the US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nexion

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys,

I've pretty much settled on getting 2 Worthington HP 100s (singles, DIN), although I would consider Faber. Now the question is... where to buy?

Best price I was able to find so far is $370 (-10% discount) + shipping, including the valve. Do you guys know of any sales going on? Saw another thread on SB talking about Faber 100s being on sale for $250 with free shipping, but that was 5 years ago!

Thanks,
Pav

Try Dive Gear Express, they offer free shipping within the US.

? Saw another thread on SB talking about Faber 100s being on sale for $250 with free shipping, but that was 5

Divers Direct used to sell the Faber FX-100's for $250 & free shipping. (about 5 years ago).

You could always call them and see. Nothing mentioned in the last emails from them.

Note: these tanks they sold often were a "year or so" into the 5 year hydro period. They failed to include this in their advertisements. so ALWAYS ask.

You won't do much better than ~$350 for a new HP steel 100, Faber or Worthington. Yes, there may be unusual sales from time to time but finding them / waiting for them may not be practical. About the only way to lower your acquisition cost substantially below that is to buy used, then deal with the expense of a hydro (many times the case with used cylinders).

I decided on Worthington and after shopping around the internet I was going to get one from scuba.com (local to me so no shipping hassles). Stopped by LDS for something and she beat their price by 20 bucks (without me even asking) and wiped out some of the guilt I have for not buying anything from her for a long time but air...
See what your LDS says.

If it's a HP100 you want for DIN use consider watching for the older PST / Genesis /USD / Sherwood etc. branded 3500 PSI cylinders that preceded the 3442 models. The 3500 PSI cylinders will be DIN only and use an uncommon valve thread so think twice if they may want to become doubles or get an H valve.

These are comparable to the X100 and I have managed to pick up 4 over the years. Cost to acquire if in retirement should be $50-$100 and then less than $50 for Hydro & VIP.

Beyond that I agree that $349 has been a pretty solid price for that model going back to the PST days.

Pete

Last edited:
Look at 'Cave Diver's Forum'......HP tanks are more common there, mostly doubles......

Back
Top Bottom