Best place to get air/ tanks in Maui???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FoSheZZie23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anybody have any suggestions on the best place to get air in Maui? I have heard Maui Dive Shop sometimes gives sour air. I dove through them last time i was on the island and had no problems but it only takes one time getting bad air.

Also if anybody knows of any shops or people that rent out DIN tanks. Ideally id like to utilize my din reg instead of putting a din-yoke adapter on it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Lahaina or Kihei? We've gotten air at Pacific Dive and Maui Dreams.

We've always gotten our tanks from B&B, but it does depend a little on where you are staying as to whether that's convenient.

I don't know that "most" is correct, bgillis. Maui Dreams does a lot of filling for other operators, too.

I'm not sure about B&B, but I know that Maui Dreams is extremely clean air, with one more filter than required, and regular testing...

Lemme see, B&B has two compressors on site and at least two more off site and they have a full time tank filler, I think they fill most :)

Not to mention the nitrox and tri-mix they offer.

Now as far as the Maui Dive Shop goes I have used their air in the past and it wasn't sour. Have to wonder how that rumor got started.

Al Mialkovsky:
Lemme see, B&B has two compressors on site and at least two more off site and they have a full time tank filler, I think they fill most :)

Not to mention the nitrox and tri-mix they offer.

Now as far as the Maui Dive Shop goes I have used their air in the past and it wasn't sour. Have to wonder how that rumor got started.

Maui Dive shop, also known as the Walmart of dive shops in the islands, a lot of folks like to start rumors about this company. The owner is a great guy and his air is maui air, good stuf.

Perhaps from my mention of FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE on one of their boats???

It is the only air I have tasted here on Maui... take that for whatever you want.

Every now and then you can get bad air. Sometimes it's not the compressor but instead the tank that's bad. I always recommend smelling the air before you leave the shop just to be sure. Just like sour milk or a skunk beer, you can end up with it even from the most reputable and reliable source. Take a whiff when you pick up the tanks and you will prevent most problems with diving on contaminated air.

B&B has great air, as do all the shops here. You will probably only save pennies between shops so is it really worth it to worry too much about where to get the "best" air deal?? I would place convenience at the top of my priority list when it comes to this subject. Who will be closest and most readily accessible to you?

I will say, in over nine years, I've never had a bad (or low) fill from B&B SCUBA at Azeka Place!

Back
Top Bottom