Best place to dive in Michigan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

champacs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

I'm going to be visiting Michigan mid-July to early August and would like to do some diving while there.
If we have to pick just one location in the state to dive where do you recommend? I understand there's some great wreck diving to be done, especially up north.

Some context:
I don't have thousands of dives under my (weight) belt, only 300, but I dive regularly at home and have experience of various contexts having dived in 27 different countries so far. Home and many of my travel destinations are tropical or sub-tropical, but I have dived in summer in dry suits in Iceland, Lake Baikal, and Scotland. I'm a PADI Rescue Diver.
Due to luggage constraints I will only be able to bring my dive computer and dive log so will need a club who can supply all the equipment and a dive guide. My dive buddy will be my husband, to whom pretty much all of the above applies as well.

TIA for any help, advice and suggestions.

Catharine

Back
Top Bottom