Best Place to dive and stay in Boracay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My name is Victor and I own Victory Divers Boracay Island. When I read the negative news about us, I was first a bit shocked. We are usually used to happy divers who visit us every year again. Not because the dive sites so great, rather because they having such a good time in my place. Most of my instructors are 10 years and more on the island teaching. That's why we are usually busier than other schools. Also we are very well equipped. Did you ever look at other diving schools in Boracay. For example the Korean schools. Just 2 month ago we got an award to be one of the best 222 diving schools worldwide. I didn't pay for that honor. I am a German myself so I know my people very well. Sometimes it is a bit hard to deal with them, because in general they like things to have exactly like at home. Also I am aware that we cannot always satisfy 100% of all people. We have days a boat breaks down or a regulator fails, also the instructors not always jumping like a cat when there is a costumer entering the shop. In general we are quiet successful and people feel good spending not only their dives with us, also in fact they entire holyday.
Now I come to your letter Mr.Strapongzh3.
Yes, the dive you felt ignored was Yumi our Japanese instructor dive. She was not stressed out, that is the way Japanese dealing with each other. When Japanese explain something in Japanese language it always sounds a little bit they are angered with each other. In fact that's the way they communicate. It was her turn and the other instructors are doing what they like, drinking tea or what ever. In case it gets to stressy they would help. Yapak can be a dangerous place. Currents, it is deep, sometimes bad visibility. Divers have often problems to go straight down with no referents. Also they rent our equipment, they don't remember how many weights they used 2 years ago on they last dive. They don't know how buoyant our wetsuits are and so on and on. We are dealing 90 % with holyday divers who simply forgot how to dive. And this people come and want to do the first dive in Yapac. And when we arrive in 35 meters they have 50 bars left. That's why the rule, first dive not in Yapac. If you couldn't dive even after 2 dives you did with us, why you didn’t' just tell us that you dived already. Usually a dive guide has not more than 4 divers to guide. We observe the divers equipment without you even know. Is there a weight belt, gauge 200 bars, everything connected? The boatman is well trained, he opens always the tank. No need to do it the Padi way, except in OW Courses. I just bought 20 brand new equipment 6 month ago. Some gauges failed already after few dives. They don't fail totally. Usually they show wrong pressure. Of course we don't use defect equipment immediately. We don't have to stop necessarily instantly the dive for minor reasons. I agree that the dive shouldn't be continued on an Octopus. By the way the instructor who dives always nitrox has diabetes. There is nothing wrong to give an air diver nitrox in case of emergency. By the way it is legal to dive and teach with diabetes.
May be you just had a bad day. I apologize if you interpritate our behavior as an offence. May be the next time you come to Boracay you try us again when I am around.
Cheers Victor:D
Padi Master Instructor
Manager/owner
www.VictoryDivers.com

Victor,

to put some things straight:
- I know, and said, that you have brand new equipment, which is good.
- I did not complain about the fact that the gauge failed. That can happen. But, the proper procedure should have been to abort the dive and let us go up as a buddy team.
- I did not complain about Yumi. She was very helpful. But, there were 3 German Instructors (not you) sitting at the desk, drinking coffee and just let her go on by herself with the customers. We asked twice, they just told us to wait. In any other dive shop I have been to, the people there work as a team...
- I absolutely agree, you should not take a diver, inexperienced, to Yapak. And it is a good thing to do ask and check people out. I am also not complaining about this. But, the fact that nobody asked me for my experience before I went down (for a normal dive) nor to see a certificate was strange. And, that you had taken a diver with 10 dives there, and other divers had to come back becuase of him and change tanks, made me think. Seems like a double standard to me.

I am sure that you have good instructors and, as mentioned, your shop is nice, the equipment is good but maybe you have too many customers and you start to take things for granted? I dont know. Maybe I just had a bad 3 days. Anyway.

If I come back I will come again...

Stefan

Yes you are right. When you do this job 364 days a year (January 1 we have closed) you have up and downs. There are days we not so perfect I have to admit. In general we do what we can to produce return customer, Victor

divefoxx:
Yes you are right. When you do this job 364 days a year (January 1 we have closed) you have up and downs. There are days we not so perfect I have to admit. In general we do what we can to produce return customer, Victor
victor, the fact that you took time to post here in a constructive manner has made me impressed with your character and operation. I for one will check you guys out the next time I hit up Boracay. Thanks and welcome to the PPD!

Hi Victor,
The next time I'm in Boracay I may try your shop too. Just don't tell Peter and Carlos. haha Let's get Boy and go on another adventure. Ya man, Hank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom