Best Place to buy Bungee Cord for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find that black market bungee cord is far superior to brick and mortar bungee. However, prices are high and dealers are well nigh impossible to find. I would offer to help but my dealer has sworn me silence lest I want to visit Davy Jones locker.
Shhh he said legally !!!

Now with that out of the way, I want to legally obtain a small quantity of bungee cord.

Don’t rat about my corner ... ya know ... snitches get stitches ! (not bungeed stitches)

Surgical Tubing & Bungee Cord | Dive Gear Express®
4 sizes. The two thinner ones are great for tying bolt snaps to gear and as wrist bungee.
The thickest works for sidemount bungee.
I keep a supply of all 4 sizes.lots of uses.
You can buy as little as a foot.
This is the better quality bungee shock cord, recovers well from stretching and is strong enough that it does not overstretch.
Beware the cheap stuff sold on Amazon

I use and recommend 1/8-inch bungee for most diving needs. I use it for my dive computer mount (suunto bungee mount...similar to DSS), keeper for my corrugated hose, keepers on my harness shoulder straps so my torches don't dangle, to keep a lift bag stowed, to keep my spool and dsmb together. I have thicker on hand but have never needed yet for diving application.

-Z

I’ve bought it from DRIS by the foot when I’ve needed it.

The best bungee cord I've found was from my local West Marine. Compared to some bungee I bought online, the outer sleeve is less coarse and the rubber core is many thin individual strands of rubber vs.. the online stuff that's just a single rubber band. It looks like 1/8" is what I have and it works fine for wrist PC and compass

Thanks everyone. Great input. I was wondering where my epaulets are and if they need replacing. :) AND call me stooped but I can't find my snoopy loops either.

Cheers -

Epaulets is what they call ‘em back East, here in the Midwest and South, we call ‘em Snoopy Loops. In Japan, the call it Doomafachie..

Just tug on mine and see what happens next.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom