Best Place for spring break for New England college kids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
looking to hear about destinations for spring break not in USA, for college guys (my son and buddies) with limited funds but enough for airfare. Not interested in Mainland USA/Florida as I have been there and seen the all-male drunk crowds, which looked like a recipe for disaster.

The college kids might not care for the “no alcohol rules”.

Cancun/Los Cabos has girls. And if you're only seeing drunk guys in Florida, you're looking in the wrong places. In Key West, the girls run in packs too, mostly for protection. The slowest/drunkest at the edge of the herd may get run down, but the herd as a whole survives. Problem is that Spring Break in the north (Maine/Mass) is centered around Patriots Day, where the rest of the US spring break is in March, so the only spring breakers for Yankees is other Yankees.

You might consider Galveston, South Padre, the Redneck Riviera also.

My son and his buddies have girlfriends, who might go with them if they find a safe, relatively inexpensive place where they are not the only females out of a crowd of thousands of boys, which was what I saw in Panama City in the 80’s. From the safety of my car. Maybe all the girls were in the bars getting drunk and filmed for “Pervs gone wild” videos, I don’t know.
On their own, my son’s friends video themselves “parkour” jumping in abandoned buildings, so I’m thinking they’d be safer with their girls along to make them go shopping instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom