Best open-heel freedive-type (or longer/larger) fin for spearfishing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi SBers,
I was redirected to this forum and am new to SB. I am looking for recommendations for open-heel fins that are large and move a lot of water to get places--doesn't necessarily have to be formal freedive fins, but something in the spectrum. I live in Alaska, I have 100+ dives, I typically scuba in warmer climes, but I'm getting into local spearfishing soon. I have a size 13 foot with a 7mm boot that keeps my toes nice and toasty, so I am looking for OPEN HEEL fin recommendations only--not neoprene socks with full fins. I have looked at the mares quattro, and see that it gets good reviews on this forum, but am wondering if there are other popular open-heel fins a bit larger/longer. I am curious what other cold-weather people are using, if there any open-heel fin spearfishers anywhere, and what people recommend.

Thanks in advance

Russell

Hi SBers,..... if there any open-heel fin spearfishers anywhere, and what people recommend.

Wouldn't normally respond but you posted in the Hunting Section.
Hunting is all about how much air you have and how much realestate you have to cover. Increase both and you are much more likely to bring home a delicious fresh dinner that you can't even buy in a restaurant.

Since there are SO MANY other factors besides fins {and I'm being gentle in case it's a 3 post troll alert} that you need to say what boat you got certified on so we can hook you up with some fellow spearo's who would gladly bring an extra set of fins for you to try and also you'll get to meet a great group. You gotta reply to get hunting diver credibility !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom