Best of the Sea of Cortes !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cantamar

Registered
Reaction score
Want to dive with the big guys? Giant mantas, whale sharks, hammerhead sharks, sea lions, etc, etc... just a couple of hours south of Los Angeles inside the Sea of Cortes you'll find Club Cantamar in La Paz, Baja California Sur, the best dive operation in Baja !! We offer weekend deals from 340 dlls, including 3 nights, 6 dives, round trip airport transfers and 3 meals a day. Check out www.clubcantamar.com or send us an email at pedro@clubcantamar.com if you need any information.
Happy diving

Pedro Aguilar

And I always thought you natives preferred "Gulf of California" to the reminder of the butchery of that Spaniard invader!

Great diving down there. I work on the Lindblad Expeditions ships out of La Paz most winters (spring this year).

Dr. Bill

Hi Dr. Bill;

I guess i was thought different way, people that works in the tourism industry call this place the sea of Cortes, however i know that somepeople prefer to call it Gulf of California.

drbill:
And I always thought you natives preferred "Gulf of California" to the reminder of the butchery of that Spaniard invader!

Great diving down there. I work on the Lindblad Expeditions ships out of La Paz most winters (spring this year).

Dr. Bill

Yep, the tours I work on were called "Sea of Cortez" but the Mexican nationals I worked with preferred Gulf of California, and out of respect for them I tried to use that name instead. A magnificent part of the world in my opinion and La Paz is a beautiful city.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
Yep, the tours I work on were called "Sea of Cortez" but the Mexican nationals I worked with preferred Gulf of California, and out of respect for them I tried to use that name instead. A magnificent part of the world in my opinion and La Paz is a beautiful city.

Dr. Bill

I agree, I have a timeshare there. I love the diving but, no Hammer heads at El Bajo last July. I understand that the whalesharks are hanging around right now. I keep missing them.
Valerie

I'm kind of shocked, shocked to hear that whale sharks are there now- I got on to Baja Outpost webpage and they have a chart of marine life likely to see and whale shark season is summer according to them - have the whale sharks seen that memo? besides that I thought most dive ops in baja really reduce their ops in winter. I know that Solmar & Nautilus go to Socorro. If you have any recent dive reports I'd really be interested to read them.

thx

I'm kind of shocked, shocked to hear that whale sharks are there now- I got on to Baja Outpost webpage and they have a chart of marine life likely to see and whale shark season is summer according to them - have the whale sharks seen that memo? besides that I thought most dive ops in baja really reduce their ops in winter. I know that Solmar & Nautilus go to Socorro. If you have any recent dive reports I'd really be interested to read them.

thx

jeffdiver1:

thx
Hi, I got the report from one of the crew at the Cortez Club. www.cortezclub.com
when I inquired about a friend there. I also asked when would be a good time to come and see the Whale Sharks and he said June-November and that there were some there now. They usually run year round except maybe Sept. I dive with them whenever I am there as I have a timeshare on the premises. (La Concha Club Resort)
Valerie

Indeed whale sharks are in La Paz now, i know is not the season for them but seems to be a lot of food in the water so they stayed since the end of September untill yesterday when we found four adult whale sharks feeding inside the bay. Diving in general has been good recently although water temperature is a little cold (68 F) and the visibility is no more than 40 ft we have been seeing sea lions at los islotes, hammerhead sharks in small schools at "El Bajo" and the whale sharks every day inside the bay.
Hope this information is usefull..

Best

Pedro

jeffdiver1:

thx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom