Best of the Best Wrecks near Nags Head ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightRaven77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all...

Im going down to stay in Corolla for a week with friends during the week of July 21st......for 7 days...

I want to dive a few days to check it what it has to offer

So what is the Best of the Best....Gotta do wreck dives ...

If you were only there for a few days....What would just have to dive ???

NR77

I'd second RickyF. I've dove the U85 and found Outer Banks Dive Center very good to work with.

There are some beach dives in KDH and Nags Head worth doing if the conditions are right. The Triangle Wrecks and the Huron both have great stories behind them. OBX Dive Center can arrange a guide that is worth having if not just for the storytelling aspect. There are a bunch of other offshore wrecks with historic significance; U85, U301, Bedloe, Jackson. The Advance is an easier dive, but a good wreck nonetheless.

There are some beach dives in KDH and Nags Head worth doing if the conditions are right. The Triangle Wrecks and the Huron both have great stories behind them. OBX Dive Center can arrange a guide that is worth having if not just for the storytelling aspect. There are a bunch of other offshore wrecks with historic significance; U85, U301, Bedloe, Jackson. The Advance is an easier dive, but a good wreck nonetheless.

I just watched the Deep Sea Detectives episode on the Bedloe and Jackson and it was great to see some of the Outer Banks locals tell the story of these wrecks. U-85 is a nice dive and I've heard the same about the U-701.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom