Best oceanic regulater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
oceanic regulaters,which one is the very best , and is there anyone who has experience with them.
just curious about them since they have that dvt system.
I have heard that they are really easy breathers,and that oceanic has the best service program.
I currently dive a scuba pro Mk 11 with unbalanced second stage.
I have heard about oceanic second stages that will allow you to set your breathing comfort one time regardless how deep you go , it will stay the same.
is this true?
If so i may change ships.
hey oceanic rep convince me to change from scuba pro to oceanic!

Check out the Oceanic Delta 4 DVT Regulator with FDX-10 First Stage

It's their top fo the line.

reg_delta4fdx10lg.jpg

mike_s:

Mike, thanks for providing the link. If anyone here on ScubaBoard purchases this regulator, put your ScubaBoard screen name in the Additional Comments box in the checkout procedure and we will take an additional 10% off of the purchase price. This discount will NOT reflect in your electronic order. We will manually take the discount at the time of processing. Thanks.

Note: We also have a great sale on the non-DVT version of the Oceanic GT-3 regulator. At this price, this regulator is hard to resist.

Oceanic GT-3 Regulator - Great Sale Price - FREE Shipping to 48 States!

Phil Ellis

You would Think i would get a reply from the oceanic guy wanting to convert me from scuba pro to oceanic,offering a trade coupon,or at least giving feed back on post.
I just purchased a pro plus 2 computer.

Not a rep but we also sell them in our shop. I have a delta3 w/cdx5, gt3 w/cdx5, an alpha 7 w/dx4 and eviro kit. I've used the delta4 w/fdx10 in pool and ow. IMO all breath about the same- friggin great! I do like the adjustable second stage on the deltas and the GT3. I do however prefer the cdx5 first stage for purely personal reasons that are: there is metal on top, not the plastic cap that the fdx10 has, the hose port positions, and mine are all NON dvt. I'm pretty anal about how I take care of my regs and the dvt is to me a gimmick that is not necessary. I also have a sherwood brut, sherwood blizzard, and an aqualung/usdivers SEA2. I will probably be picking up another alpha though for a second deco stage reg and have it 100%O2 cleaned. Most likely the 8 but I'll get another cdx5 for it's first stage. You may not be aware that you can purchase 1st and 2nd's seperately to configure your reg exactly how you want it. Me, if I was going to buy another primary would be the delta4 2nd stage w/a cdx5 first. And I know what the cost is on that GT3, if that's a factor, w/non dvt. So I'd take Phil up on his offer and jump on it. Main difference is the GT does not have the venturi switch.

PhilEllis:
Mike, thanks for providing the link. If anyone here on ScubaBoard purchases this regulator, put your ScubaBoard screen name in the Additional Comments box in the checkout procedure and we will take an additional 10% off of the purchase price. This discount will NOT reflect in your electronic order. We will manually take the discount at the time of processing. Thanks.

Note: We also have a great sale on the non-DVT version of the Oceanic GT-3 regulator. At this price, this regulator is hard to resist.

Phil Ellis

Not to high-jack but how hard would it be to route the 2nd stand under your arm like my Maximus? I have grown very accustomed to this routing.

Thanks

Get the Oceanic, you will love it. I have sold many of them online and in my store and people rave about them after they use them. The Delta 4 is the cream of the crop with Oceanic. Plus it comes with a lifetime parts guarantee as long as you have it serviced every year.....not a bad deal......We use the Oceanics for all of our rental and training equipment as well. Let me know if you have anymore specific questions about regulators. :D Just be careful who you buy from online and make sure they are an authorized dealer.....if they are not an authorized dealer, you get NO Warranty........this is how alot of places will have cheaper prices than the rest!

Jibeho:
Not to high-jack but how hard would it be to route the 2nd stand under your arm like my Maximus? I have grown very accustomed to this routing.

Thanks

Easy, just tell me what length hose you need :14:

PhilEllis:

Phil Ellis

Dont you think you should be a supporting member before you try selling on this site??:shakehead

Oceanic has an "ask the manufacturer" forum here on scubaboard. You can post there if you want to talk to a rep.

For diver feedback you're in the right forum. I dive the Delta 4/FDX10 and love it. Real easy breather. I adjust to the "sweet spot" then leave it alone. It adjusts for depth without me. It also breathes exactly the same no matter what position I am in ( I like to demonstrate the "head down" hover for students)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom