Best Monterey dive shop for guided tour?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would recommend Seven Seas Scuba. I needed a guide for a tue morning dive, they are super friendly and accomadating. They have coffee waiting for you, and everything is super new and clean. They also have a great wash station. I would not hesitate to dive with them again. You can walk to breakwater or Hidden beach.

You may what to take a drysuit course along with the refresher/tour dive. The Drysuit course gets you in the pool for skills then you do the ocean dive and get your cert card and with that you can always rent a drysuit when you go to Monterey.

I used Seven Seas. Nice people, brand new equipment. We had 1 pretty good dive; seeing 3 cormorants underwater was the highlight. We decided to quit while we were ahead and didn't have a second dive. It was very expensive for one dive ($120 each, including equipment and guide), but I think that's Monterey pricing.

Now we're ready for some warm water. Thanks for the advice!

Another option to consider is to hire a dive guide and go off one of the boats in Monterey. That eliminates the whole beach entry/exit burden added to diving cold water and unfamiliar gear. The down-side is boats tend to go into deeper water and wetsuit compression becomes a factor, especially in a typically ill-fitting rental suit.

An alternative suggestion is use your tune-up dive to get drysuit certified. That way you can enjoy diving Northern California in the future.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom