Best mask for widest field of vision for petite face?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjoy82

New
Reaction score
I'm 5'4" & 110 lbs. I know I wouldn't fit a youth mask, but certain adult masks would leak on me. I already have a mask that fits well enough (Oceanic Ion), but I'm disappointed in the field of vision compared to my husband's (Mares Esa).

What masks can you recommend?

Try the atomic frameless. It comes in two sizes. There is the standard and the slightly smaller "medium". I bet the medium would be a good bet.

Another vote for the Atomic Aquatics Frameless. The field of view is great and the smaller size might work well for you.

I recently changed to a Scubapro Clear Vu 4 as it fit the small/narrow features of my face the best. I had leak problems with Cressi Big Eye masks. This Scubapro model has a larger skirt that extends above my eyebrows and gives a tight seal all around. The teardrop shape of the lenses also offers an excellent view. This is a popular mask for Scubapro dealers, so finding one to try should be fairly easy.

Try a X-Vision Mid-Skirt or Pure Vision and sometimes a TUSA M-31 VisioTri-EX(3 window) fits a smaller face as well.

If it's field of view you really need the HydoOptix has it hands down.

hydro_splash_mega.jpg

Hey, Thalassamania, does that mask actually work?

TUSA use to make the Mini Kilo which would fit a smaller face. My wife loves hers.

Yes it does,and quite well ... except (and this is a biggie for me) if you have normal vision you HAVE to wear contact to be able to focus on the virtual image of the dome lens (like a dome port on a camera).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom