Best Light for Olympus TG6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious. Nice to know it works good. I know it's not perfect for stills but then you sacrifice the video and vice versa.
Think I'm going to shoot for getting a video light first then look for a strobe.
Thanks!

I get good stills with my video lights. Two Big Blue VL4200P
DIY Tray

TG6 HERO4 SETUP.jpg

A SEA HORSE BEAUTY.jpg

Nice shots! Do you keep the flash firing on the camera?

No I turn the flash off as not required with lighting. The Hermit Crab is actually natural sunlight from above.

I found during my last trip to Cozumel (which we just got back from!) that the light merely was a spotlight and didn't fill in like I thought. We took them off our cameras and went "naked" (no external light). Got some great shots!!

To all that replied, thank you for the feedback! I really do appreciate it and value it.

Greetings,, I too have a TG-6 and am looking for lighting. I'm considering a Sea Dragon 2000 for video light but would like to find a dual (spot/strobe) as well. Obviously something that doesn't cost the first born and the goldfish..
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,,
TJ

If you want a combination strobe/video light, look for a used Symbiosis SS-3. They're out of production now, but they are fairly popular with dive guides looking for a compact setup capable of getting both photo and video of customers.

If you want a combination strobe/video light, look for a used Symbiosis SS-3. They're out of production now, but they are fairly popular with dive guides looking for a compact setup capable of getting both photo and video of customers.
Anything similar that is in production?

Anything similar that is in production?
Not that I'm aware. They had two fairly clunky models, SS-1 and SS-2, which are basically an LED torch stuck on top of a strobe, then the fully integrated SS-3, and then they dropped out of the market. It never was a brilliant system either as a strobe or as a video light, but it was a lot more compact than carrying both.

Not that I'm aware. They had two fairly clunky models, SS-1 and SS-2, which are basically an LED torch stuck on top of a strobe, then the fully integrated SS-3, and then they dropped out of the market. It never was a brilliant system either as a strobe or as a video light, but it was a lot more compact than carrying both.
Thanks for your reply

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom