Best gloves for...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubberduck

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What are the best gloves for bug hunting? I wear 5mm and seem to wear a hole in the index finger after 25 dives. This is from reaching under rocks while grapping the bugs.

I also heard there was a type of goop that you dip the finger tips in to provide another layer of durability. Anyone know what this stuff is?

You could try Aquaseal and Cotol. Thin the Aquaseal with a few drops of Cotol and apply to the worn spots before they tear through. I've tripled the life of my gloves.

Have Fun,
Dennis

I have the same pair that Capnvinny suggests but in 5mil. They are great. My warm water gloves are Akona with no neoprene but have kevlar all over. Also great, no wear issues with either pair. Don't wipe your face with Kevlar gloves on! They're very durable but rough on your skin.

~Steve~

Those Kevlar gloves look great, haven't tried them myself though. Send some bugs up this way sometime, my DM loves 'em!

Good luck bug hunting!
Britt :fish:
:fish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom