Best global locations for rebreather diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

Here on Scubaboard there are lots of great reports of locations for OC diving and I would love to start one for CC diving.

I would consider these requirements for a location to be suitable for this list:
1. You can get O2 fills
2. You can buy sorb
3. Local laws allow for rebreather diving
4. You can get air fills

Nice to haves:
1. You can get guides for technical dives
2. You can get trimix fills
3. You can rent rebreather tanks
4. You can rent DPV

It can be:
1. Any type of diving: fresh water/sea, shore/boat/LOB, quarry/cave/OW/wreck, Rec/tec
2. Any country globally

When you post, please add link to dive operator you are referring to if possible.

Keen to hear your experiences and bucket list locations.
Rangiroa: CCR rangiroa is a great shop in a remote AF location. O2 fills, sorb, tech guides, endless sharks and visibility. I also had a great time diving with Nautilus at Socorro. Easy to get fills. They gave me a keg of sorb which easily lasted the trip. Got much closer to the mantas and had better profiles than the divers on nitrox.

Anyway, i can help arrange help for diving ccr on other Brazilian locations, and provide tanks, gas, sorb and guidance in São Paulo state coast

Anyway, i can help arrange help for diving ccr on other Brazilian locations, and provide tanks, gas, sorb and guidance in São Paulo state coast
What about Fernando de Norohna? Any recs or options there? It’s high on my list and I’m told the marine life is stunning.

Java Sea off MV Empress, with Capt. Vidar Skoglie. :cheers:

Oh, wait a minute :facepalm:; all the fantastic warship wrecks there got stolen, yes stolen like litterally nothing left of the biggest and the best :mad:, MV Empress got sold to some tossers folks that just do regular reef and fish diving in other locations east of Bali :(, and the good (best :acclaim:) Captain semi retired and no longer 'works' in the dive industry (although he does still drive boats).

What about Fernando de Norohna? Any recs or options there? It’s high on my list and I’m told the marine life is stunning.
Quite a wonderful place, but the costs are quite high compared with the rest of the country.
It's possible to send sorb in advance, and taking the onboard tanks with you. Helium is more expensive there too, there is a navy corvette (V17 Ipiranga) on 63 meters deep who's wonderful, and a frequent tech dive destination, with some not well seen "trust me diving" on the 55 meters profile for non techs, who are not quite regarded by the more serious divers and instructors, but, anyway, the risks are on the participants shoulders. Don't know anywhere else where it's being done at the country in a regular basis
There are other deeper dives outside the Park.
The two main dive operations usually dont do ccr diving, but there are ways to book that.
Accomodations range from very expensive boutique places, to simpler bed and breakfest places (my favorites), the same for food.
the landscape is also wonderful
When you want to go there, talk to me and i see what can i help for you

Add in charters allow CCR's

Hi all,

Here on Scubaboard there are lots of great reports of locations for OC diving and I would love to start one for CC diving.

I would consider these requirements for a location to be suitable for this list:
1. You can get O2 fills
2. You can buy sorb
3. Local laws allow for rebreather diving
4. You can get air fills

Nice to haves:
1. You can get guides for technical dives
2. You can get trimix fills
3. You can rent rebreather tanks
4. You can rent DPV

It can be:
1. Any type of diving: fresh water/sea, shore/boat/LOB, quarry/cave/OW/wreck, Rec/tec
2. Any country globally

When you post, please add link to dive operator you are referring to if possible.

Keen to hear your experiences and bucket list locations.
Chuuk or Bikini with Dirty Dozen and Master Liveaboards checks off everything on the list including the DPV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom